How To Make Pineapple Water For Weight Loss
Helping the body to cleanse itself and get rid of all those accumulated liquids and toxins is a good way to help improve your health and lose weight. To achieve that, there are certain foods and preparations that are extremely effective owing to their diuretic and cleansing properties.
In this OneHowTo article we'll explain one of them: pineapple water. It's a very refreshing drink that could become your best ally in the fight to lose weight and burn fat more easily. Pay close attention and you'll find out all about how to make pineapple water for slimming.
Slimming properties of pineapple
The pineapple is one of the best fruits you can use to lose weight more quickly and, more importantly, in a healthy way. To get the full effects on your figure, it is imperative that you use pineapple water in conjunction with a balanced, healthy and low-fat diet. Similarly, it is essential to combine good nutrition with an exercise routine that enables you to burn more fat.
Next, we'll explain why pineapple has so many benefits and is a natural weight-loss ally:
- Pineapple is considered to be a negative calorie food. In 100 g it has just 55 calories, making it larger in volume than in the calories consumed.
- Its high water and fibre content make for a greater feeling of satiety, so it is ideal for reducing appetite, decreasing the amount of food you eat and preventing the anxiety that can lead to snacking or binge eating.
- It's a great natural diuretic since it encourages kidney function and helps remove excess fluids that accumulate in the body. This helps combat certain conditions, such as fluid retention, and thus reduces swelling.
- It cleanses and eliminates many of the toxins stored in the body that ultimately harm your health and contribute to weight gain.
- It contains a substance called bromelain, which promotes the functioning of the digestive system and helps improve digestion. It's great to prevent the onset of ailments such as flatulence, constipation and bloating etc.
A similar drink you can try is rose water.
How to prepare pineapple water for slimming
Pineapple water is an amazing recipe that takes advantage of all the slimming properties of this fruit, as well as being considered one of the most diuretic and purifying liquids around. What's unique about this refreshing drink is that it's not made from juice obtained from the pulp of the pineapple: it's made from the skin.
Pay attention to the following steps to make your own pineapple water at home, and then follow the guidelines later in the article so that you can use it effectively to help you lose those extra pounds.
- Remove the skin of a pineapple and wash well with water.
- Pour 1 litre of water into a pot, add the pineapple skin and bring to the boil.
- Also add a cinnamon stick to the pot.
- Leave it to boil for around 30 minutes.
- Then, leave it to cool for a few minutes before straining the liquid.
- You can sweeten it with a little stevia if you wish but never add sugar.
- Store it in the refrigerator so that it's nice and cold ready to drink.
It's so simple and quick to make! Once ready, you can pour it into a plastic bottle and take it with you. That way, you can drink it throughout the day and so that you can get the desired effect.
How to use pineapple water for slimming
To lose weight with pineapple water, it is advisable drink two glasses a day of it. You should drink it just before your two main meals of the day: lunch and dinner. That way, you will feel less hungry before eating, so you'll eat less and you'll be promoting better digestion.
If you really like pineapple water, you can even have a cup at breakfast to kick-off the day with a burst of energy and strengthen your immune system at the same time.
Other slimming recipes with pineapple
In addition to pineapple water, you can also combine the fruit with other effective ingredients for weight loss and body cleansing, such as celery or cucumber. These have diuretic and detox properties and contain very few calories. Check out these recipes:
- Pineapple juice and celery: put 3 stalks of celery, 3 slices of pineapple (peeled) and 1 cup of mineral water in the blender. Then blend it to a juice and drink it straightaway so as not to lose all that goodness. It's a good idea to drink it, on an empty stomach, every day for two weeks. Check out our Video Recipe!
- Cucumber and pineapple juice: peel and chop ½ a cucumber and 2 slices of pineapple. Then pop them in the blender and blend to a juice. You can drink it as is or add some ice cubes so that it's cool and refreshing.
This article is merely informative, oneHOWTO does not have the authority to prescribe any medical treatments or create a diagnosis. We invite you to visit your doctor if you have any type of condition or pain.
If you want to read similar articles to How To Make Pineapple Water For Weight Loss, we recommend you visit our Family health category.