How to Use Oregano to Lose Weight - Natural Weight Loss
Oregano, scientifically known as Origanum vulgare L, is a herbaceous evergreen plant native to Europe and Asia and is mainly used as a spice or food condiment, especially in the Mediterranean cuisine. Although its aromatic use is very widespread, oregano was traditionally used for its different medicinal properties, especially as a remedy for digestive problems.
Although this use of oregano is barely known, it is also a good remedy to include in any diet to lose weight, since it has different slimming properties. Do you want to know what they are? Continue reading this oneHOWTO article and discover how to use oregano to lose weight.
Nutritional composition of Oregano
Oregano is an herbaceous plant that belongs to the Labiatae family and is composed of the following nutrients:
- Flavonoids: rich in quercetin, apigenin and narnigenin.
- Essential oils: this plant has a high content of phenolic compounds such as carvacol and thymol, and in other oils such as cineol, borneol, myrcene and camphene.
- Fatty acids: like ferulic, rosmarinic, ursolic caffeic and palmitic acid.
- Minerals: it is especially rich in potassium, although it also has magnesium, zinc, copper, iron and manganese.
- Vitamins: Oregano has niacin and beta-carotene.
Main properties of oregano for weight loss
Oregano is a spice that can be used in any diet to lose weight, due to its slimming properties, so the main way to benefit from its properties is to include it in your diet, both in dishes and making tea out of it, which you can have 1 or 2 cups of per day. Here are the properties of oregano to lose weight:
Thanks to its richness in thymol and carvacrol, oregano has a carminative action that makes the expulsion of intestinal gases easier. Therefore, it is an effective remedy for those people with flatulence, a problem that can hinder weight loss.
It is a natural digestive
This aromatic herb has a high content of essential oils and fatty acids, which have excellent digestive properties. These properties enhance the elimination of fats and toxins naturally due to the stimulation they exert in bile secretions.
It has antioxidant substances
Oregano also has a great content of flavonoids and tannins, substances with a potent antioxidant action, something that helps us to get rid of fluid retention and accelerates the process of burning accumulated fat in your body.
Reduces cellulite and shapes your silhouette
The essential oils of this herb have reductive and anti-inflammatory properties that make it a natural remedy for lipid-reducing massages. Through these massages, oregano penetrates the skin and helps us reduce areas where we accumulate more fats due to its anti-inflammatory power.
Other properties of oregano for health
Oregano is not only an effective weight loss remedy, it can also be used as a medical treatment for the following health properties:
- It is used as a natural remedy to treat respiratory diseases such as the flu, colds and bronchitis, among others, due to its expectorant, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that relieve the symptoms of these diseases and also get rid the germs that are causing the infection.
- Its antibacterial properties make this plant a very effective natural antibiotic against several types of bacteria that cause disorders such as salmonella, candida, aspergillosis and cystitis, among others.
- It also has anti-aggregate properties, thanks to its naringenin content, which promote circulation and stimulate our memory.
- Its anti-inflammatory properties are also very useful for relieving some symptoms of menstruation such as headache, fluid retention and gastritis. These properties also make it an excellent remedy for inflammations in the joints caused by rheumatic diseases.
- Finally, this herb is also used for the treatment of wounds due to its disinfectant, analgesic and healing properties.
How to make oregano essential oil for weight loss
As we've mentioned, this plant can be used externally to reduce fats and get rid of cellulite. Here's how to make oregano oil to apply weight reduction massages:
- Half a cup of dried oregano leaves.
- Half a cup of almond oil: we use this product due to its circulatory properties, ideal for massages.
- Dark glass bottle.
- Add the dried oregano leaves in a bowl and, using a mortar, apply them until they begin to loosen their oil or substance.
- Pour the almond oil in a saucepan and heat it without boiling.
- Add the hot oil with the oregano leaves that you just crushed in the glass jar. Now, close the jar or bottle and stir until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Leave the bottle in a dry and cool place for 2 weeks making sure it's away from direct sunlight, in complete darkness.
- After that time, strain the product and you will have reducing massage oil ready.
How to use oregano oil for reducing massages
Once your oregano oil is ready, you only have to know how to correctly apply it to perform a reduction massage and, thus, help you lose weight in a healthy way.
Reducing treatment with oregano oil
- Before applying, make sure your skin is clean and dry.
- Take some oil with your hands and massage the area you want to treat for 5 minutes.
- To activate your body's circulation with the massage, you must apply circular movements by squeezing the skin a little and, also, you must knead it towards the center of the body. That is, from top to bottom if you are doing it on the abdomen or arms and from the bottom up if you do it in the legs, thighs or glutes. In this way, you will help the lymphatic system get rid of the body's excesses better, such as toxins and fats.
- Once you are done, you can leave it on for about 10 more minutes to allow the oil to absorb better and then remove the product with cold water and soap.
How to make oregano tea for weight loss
As we've previously mentioned, another way to use oregano for weight loss is oral intake. One of the best ways to benefit from this herb is to make oregano tea, as it will reduce bloating and will help your digestion, so let's take a look at how to make it:
- 3 tsp oregano leaves
- 1 cup water
- Boil one cup of water in a saucepan
- Once the water is boiled, steep the three tsp oregano in the cup of boiling water. Leave it for around ten minutes.
- Sieve the leaves out and take once a day.
This article is merely informative, oneHOWTO does not have the authority to prescribe any medical treatments or create a diagnosis. We invite you to visit your doctor if you have any type of condition or pain.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Use Oregano to Lose Weight - Natural Weight Loss, we recommend you visit our Family health category.
- If you use carvacrol capsules for weight loss, note that for maximum efficiency they should contain a minimum of 70% carvacrol.