Which Foods Contain the Most Potassium
Potassium is an essential mineral for our body to work actively to maintain our muscles properly, promoting cell growth, regulating the amount of water present in the cells and interfering in the construction of the proteins present in the body.
Its functions are important for the body, so you should add it to your diet to stay healthy. If you do not know where to get it, here at OneHowTo, we give you a list of foods high in potassium. But remember, its also possible to have too much potassium, which can be very dangerous. Therefore, if you are worried about a high potassium intake you should also know which foods contain a large amount of potassium, so that you can moderate your consumption.
A good source of potassium is through eating different beans. Besides being a great protein source, they are also rich in potassium and many other beneficial minerals and vitamins. Among the most potassium rich vegetables are:
- Green beens
- Beans or black beans
- Soybeans, which are also the vegetables which provide the greatest protein intake of the whole group.
Many vegetables are also rich in potassium, so you should incorporate them into your diet. Among the most prominent are:
- Chard, one of the vegetables the richest in potassium
- Brussels sprouts and broccoli
- Artichokes, squash and tomatoes
- Carrots which also provide fiber and beta-carotene
- Corn salad, perfect in a salad, are also rich in iron
Nuts and dried fruits are also a good source of potassium, fiber and beneficial oils as well as being a healthy snack that satisfies hunger. Nuts and peanuts contain the most potassium, and they are perfect to introduce in desserts and salads or simply on their own as a snack.
A quick, healthy and delicious way to get potassium is eating fruit. Some of the best contributors of this mineral are:
- Banana, the food most famous for its high potassium content
- Melon, an excellent diuretic, refreshing and rich in potassium
- Strawberries, which are also a good source of vitamin C
- Coconuts, a classic tropical fruit that provides good amounts of potassium in the body
With regard to Animal proteins, red meat, chicken, turkey and pork are also sources of potassium. Seafood and blue fish such as salmon, trout and sardines, which are also rich in Omega 3, they give us a good amount of potassium.
Furthermore, milk and yogurt (which are both rich in probiotics) also provide potassium to the body.
This article is merely informative, oneHOWTO does not have the authority to prescribe any medical treatments or create a diagnosis. We invite you to visit your doctor if you have any type of condition or pain.
If you want to read similar articles to Which Foods Contain the Most Potassium, we recommend you visit our Healthy living category.