How To Lose Weight Using Lemon
Does lemon juice help you lose weight? Lemon is actually one of the most popular ingredients to eliminate toxins from your body and help you lose weight. By drinking a little lemon juice daily, you speed up your metabolism which in turn, helps burn more fat.OneHOWTO are here to provide some tips on how to lose weight using lemon. These tricks can easily be incorporated into your routine and the results will be noticeable in a very short time. Are you in?
Lemon for weight loss
Among the properties of lemon, some are ideal to help you lose weight. It makes the stomach deflate and helps to eliminate toxins among other effects, which we will specify in detail:
- It's easy to digest and the acid helps the stomach to produce more gastric juices and thus to cause the breakdown of food faster and not be stored in the body. Digestion is easier and it prevents gases and swellings from occurring in the stomach.
- It works as a natural diuretic. Consuming it helps to eliminate toxins from the body and prevent fluid retention and, thus, the appearance of cellulite.
- A filling food: Pectin and lemon fiber have two components that make you feel full. In this regard, cooking with lemon or consuming it during the day will reduce your appetite and it barely contains any calories.
In this oneHOWTO article we tell you in detail what the properties of lemon are.
How to lose weight with lemon
Of all the properties that we've just described, lemon is a perfect tool. It is recommended that you have some of this fruit daily for the benefits we've mentioned. However, you will not lose weight with it alone: it is important that you complement this with healthy practices like a low fat diet and regular exercise.
To lose weight with lemon you can follow different routines that can be interspersed to avoid getting bored of it. Here are the different ways in which you can consume lemon to lose weight so you can choose the one you like:
- Lemon tea
This is one of the ways to consume this fruit all day without even noticing. Drink lemon tea made with hot water and squeezed juice from 1 lemon when you wake up; it is recommended, to remove more toxins, that you drink this when you've just woken up on an empty stomach.
If you do not like the taste of tea, you can add more water so you only have a hint of flavor and drink the mixture all day. You can also add a little stevia or sweetener to make it taste better. Drink this instead of sugary drinks.
- Season your meals
Another recommended way to add lemon to your routine is to trade oil for lemon juice. Although it may seem difficult, it is possible to cook without oil and replace it with lemon, a much healthier dressing and fully indicated to lose weight; also, your recipes will be tastier.
You can try, for example, to make your salad dressing with natural lemon and a pinch of Himalayan salt. You can also make a chicken breast with lemon and a little oregano or your baked hake with lemon. It is a very healthy way to cook your dishes, reducing fat and taking advantage of its slimming properties.
In this oneHOWTO article we tell you how to cook without oil if you want to discover more tricks to stop using oil in your recipes.
- Lemon juice
Another very healthy and recommended alternative to lose weight is to drink lemon juice at certain times of the day. To do this, you just have to squeeze one or two lemons (depending on the amount of juice in each) and add a little sweetener or stevia to enhance the flavor. Honey is also a good ally to add to the juice to make it sweeter and creamier.
You can drink it juice during your afternoon snack to feel full and not go to dinner hungry. Another recommended option is to drink the juice before each meal, so you are less hungry than usual and thereby reduce the amount of food you'd eat.
As we already mentioned, you can't just eat lemon to lose weight. If you want to encourage weight loss you have to change your diet and get exercise to ensure that the results are visible both outside and inside. Here are some basic tips that we give you at OneHowTo to help you switch to a healthier lifestyle:
- Eat 5 meals a day: This way you will accelerate your metabolism and not be so hungry at mealtimes.
- Drink around 2 liters of water a day: you'll get rid of toxins and fluid retention will disappear from your body.
- Commitment to light recipes: Cook with little oil, try to make your meals grilled, steamed or baked and your dishes will be healthier.
- Control the amounts to avoid overeating, a trick is to drink something first that will help you control cravings. For example, drinking a cup of vegetable broth, cream of vegetable or lemon juice as it will get you get to the main course less hungry.
- During dinner, avoid carbs and high-fat foods: eat vegetables and/or proteins in the evening. Take a look at our article what foods to eat at dinner to lose weight.
- Do physical exercise at least 3 times a week to burn calories and maintain a strong and active lifestyle.
This article is merely informative, oneHOWTO does not have the authority to prescribe any medical treatments or create a diagnosis. We invite you to visit your doctor if you have any type of condition or pain.
If you want to read similar articles to How To Lose Weight Using Lemon, we recommend you visit our Family health category.