All The Benefits Of Chyawanprash
Chyawanprash is a type of herbal supplement which looks like a black jam, but is much more nutritious (and some think delicious). It is made with a combination of herbs and Ayurveda, and has being used for millions of years for the wide range of health benefits it offers. In ancient times, two sages made this formula to add health and youth to their elderly sage named Chyawan. In Sanskrit language, Prash means a special food preparation. Hence it got its name Chyawanprash. Although it is basically an Indian product, many European and American countries have also started producing it to experience its benefits. Read this oneHOWTO article to find out all the benefits of chyawanprash, as well as other related information.
How Chyawanprash is made?
Chyawanprash is an Ayurvedic jam which is often used as a carrier for other herbal remedies, but it can also be used on its own for amazing taste and health benefits. It is sour, sweet and a little spicy in taste. It's the kind of herbal remedy which even kids don’t mind taking in doses. It is usually made with a base of Emblica officinalis, but also contains other herbs. Along with these herbs it has sugar, honey, sesame oil and ghee. Honey, sesame oil and ghee are catalytic agents which allow the herbs to get deep into your body tissues. Sugar is a preservative which does not allow the clinical efficiency of the product to diminish for long.
Much of the science behind the herbal medicine of chyawanprash is still to be determined. Like many herbal alternatives, it has certain natural properties such as antioxidants, antibacterial and immunity boosting. These will improve your overall health (as long as it is taken correctly), but it is not to be used as a substitute for a doctor's advice.
Health benefits of Chyawanprash
Chyawanprash is oily, heavy and warm in nature. It helps in building mass and strength without accumulating fat. It is thought to pacify vata, pitta and kapha, the three main tenets of Ayurveda alternate medicinal. It is believed to support healthy aging and promoting memory, intelligence and beauty. It might also improve heart health and improve your respiratory, urinary, excretory, reproductive and digestive systems. Read on to know about all the possible benefits of Chyawanprash:
- Improves digestion: Taking Chyawanprash on a regular basis can improve your weak digestive system. It is helpful in streamlining food digestion and bowel movements. Amla and cinnamon present in Chyawanprash possess carminative properties which are extremely helpful in preventing flatulence. It can also prevent constipation to a great extent.
- Purifies blood: Increased consumption of junk food these days allows excess toxins to enter inside your body. These toxins remain stored in your body and lead to a wide variety of diseases and complications. They also interfere with the natural system of your body to purify blood. Consumption of Chyawanprash might help in purifying blood and eliminating toxic elements from your body.
- Prevents infections due to seasonal changes: When the weather goes through drastic changes, such as during the beginning of winter and monsoon seasons, the air becomes the best breeding ground for germs, bacteria and other living organisms. This is why many people fall prey of seasonal allergies and infections during these times of the year. Taking Chyawanprash can keep your body protected against all such seasonally related bacterial, viral and fungal infections.
- Improves skin health: It contains amla which is one of the richest sources of vitamin C in nature. Since your inner health naturally reflects on your skin, your skin becomes radiant and healthy when you take this herbal concoction internally. Eating Chyawanprash on a regular basis can help in thwarting the signs of aging and giving you a youthful skin for longer. Some Chyawanprash varieties also contain saffron which works wonders to improve your skin complexion.
- Helps in fighting respiratory disorders: Chyawanprash contains a wide variety of herbs that are known to help patients suffering from chronic and long-term respiratory system related diseases. In addition to that, taking it on a regular basis is also helpful in improving the overall functioning of lungs and the entire respiratory system. It nourishes mucous membranes in the lungs, and keeps your respiratory passages clear of obstacles.
- Improves memory and brain function: Chyawanprash contains so many herbs that are helpful in boosting your brain functioning and sharpening your memory. With age, you tend to forget things on a regular basis. Consumption of Chyawanprash might keep your brain active for longer and your memory sharp even in old age. Even kids can benefit from it, helping them to focus more on their studies, learn things faster and concentrate on other activities with a sharper mind.
- Enhances sexual health: Eating Chyawanprash on a regular basis is also thought to improve sexual stamina of both males and females. It is specifically concocted to nourish and revitalize your reproductive tissues. It replenishes your reproductive system and prevents loss of energy during sexual activity. It also might keep menstruation cycle of women in proper shape. If you are suffering from a hormonal imbalance, you can effectively bring it to normal by taking Chyawanprash regularly for a few months. The immune boosting effect might have a hand in aiding stamina. If you are worried about any possible menstrual, fertility or impotence issues, please seek a physician's advice before taking any supplements.
- Improves immunity: Chyawanprash bolsters your immune system and supports your natural capacity to produce WBC and hemoglobin. Amla (Indian gooseberry) is the major ingredient in it, which helps in eliminating toxins and supports the functioning of spleen, liver and blood. All in all, it protects and nourishes your natural defense system. Many people consume Chyawanprash only during the winter months to support their immune system. When immune cells in your body get exposed to ingredients in Chyawanprash, they show increased levels of cytokines that are critical to your body’s response towards infections. It is also known to eliminate infection causing foreign matter from your body.
Other health benefits of Chyawanprash
Apart from these, there are several other potential health benefits of taking Chyawanprash on a regular basis. Some of them are:
- It contains a variety of herbal extracts that are essential to keep you energized during the day. Due to this, you can complete your everyday tasks without getting fatigued.
- Most people fail to lose weight because of inefficient metabolic system. Chyawanprash stimulates their metabolism and helps in losing weight.
- Eating Chyawanprash on a regular basis can benefit your heart health as well.
- It is helpful in regulating your blood pressure and keeping your blood cholesterol levels under control as well.
- It contains antioxidants that improve your nails and hair health too. It slows down premature graying or hair and prevents nail breakage also.
- Vitamin C and many other ingredients present in Chyawanprash help in staving off bacteria and viruses that result in cough and cold.
- It is known to deal with a wide variety of urinary infections also.
Proper Use of Chyawanprash
You can take Chyawanprash alone, or stir it into water or milk, or spread it on bread or toast just like jam. When you take it in warm milk, it deeply tones and rejuvenates your body tissues. Adults should take 1-2 tsp one or two times in a day, and children should take ½ tsp everyday. Pregnant women can also take 1-2 tsp of Chyawanprash in a day. It is best if you take it in the morning. But if you are taking it twice a day, you can take it once in the morning and once in the evening. You can take it for long-term as it supports your immunity and overall health and strength. It also supports your natural system after a serious illness or traumatic injury.
Chyawanprash is made up of many different ingredients, depending on who has made the preparation. This means the benefits will vary depending on its constituent parts. Make sure you know what is in it before taking if you have any food allergies. Also, as it is high in both sugar and fat, it is not good for people with diabetes or those wanting to lose weight. It is a supplement and should not be eaten in large quantities.
This article is merely informative, oneHOWTO does not have the authority to prescribe any medical treatments or create a diagnosis. We invite you to visit your doctor if you have any type of condition or pain.
If you want to read similar articles to All The Benefits Of Chyawanprash, we recommend you visit our Drugs & supplements category.