Natural Lung Detox - Cleanse Your Respiratory System
The lungs are one of the most important organs of our body and are affected daily by air impurities, pollution of towns, smoke from tobacco, lack of exercise or the type of work carried out in certain professions. To do so we must cleanse it from toxins as much as we can, and there are methods within our reach to achieve this. It is never too late, there are many ways to do it and on OneHowTo we are going to cover how to do a natural lung detox so you can get those air bags back in shape.
To do a natural lung detox it is important that you try to stay away from toxic gases and contamination. If you live in a big city, it is impossible to escape the pollution from cars because our work and our lives bind us to it, so we can take advantage of the weekend to get away from the big city and breathe fresh air. Country hikes for a day, a weekend in a cottage or a friend's luxury villa will help your lungs breathe healthier air and that offsets all those nasty, polluting gases.
If you are a smoker, you should quit smoking immediately, this is obvious. But not only smokers are affected by tobacco smoke, but those who breathe it through other smokers. Try to avoid people who smoke as their smoke will harm you and it can lead to this affecting you too. Try also to avoid smoky environments, although today it is easier to do so because in many developed countries people cannot smoke in enclosed spaces, except at a private party with friends. In that case, stay out of the room as long as possible.
If you do this routinely, your lungs will thank you. The same applies to the environment in your home, try to ensure there are no dust particles in the air. You can ventilate the house or using filters so that impurities do not accumulate. If you have carpets, clean them daily either by vacuuming to prevent dust from building up.
A control of your diet will also help to detoxify your lungs and is as simple as practicing daily changing your eating habits, for example:
- Eat a lot fruit and vegetables because they have antioxidants and those will help clear the lungs. Vitamin C, in addition to cleaning our lungs, strengthens our immune system, so we recommend citrus juice on an empty stomach daily. Potassium cleans our body, so you should eat bananas, plums, dates or strawberries daily. Another fruit that helps to clean our lungs is cranberry juice taken before bed every night.
- Reduce consumption of red meat.
- Intake of dairy can cause allergies that affect our respiratory system, so if you suffer this, eliminating these foods from your diet is a good option.
- Drink lots of liquids such as two liters of water daily and infusions, but avoid industrial juices or fizzy drinks that rot your teeth. Clean water helps your lungs by removing phlegm or mucus.
- Herbs also help to eliminate toxins from our lungs, which you can add to your delightful culinary dishes. Try common herbs such as thyme, oregano or rosemary.
Opt for a steamy shower. It is very simple and we can do it at home every night to remove toxins from our lungs. Just 20 minutes a day to transpire water vapour and help expectorate. You can help with a towel and by adding water. Lovely oils also help with breathing exercises that help us keep our respiratory system healthy.
Change your cleaning and hygiene habits, check that the detergents and cleaners you use do not have a lot of toxins in their composition. When using cosmetics, also make sure the ingredients that that have harmful toxins, since they could be toxic and damage your respiratory system. These are simple and easy routines that will help improve our respiratory system providing greater health.
This article is merely informative, oneHOWTO does not have the authority to prescribe any medical treatments or create a diagnosis. We invite you to visit your doctor if you have any type of condition or pain.
If you want to read similar articles to Natural Lung Detox - Cleanse Your Respiratory System, we recommend you visit our Diseases & secondary effects category.