How To Get Rid Of Burning When Urinating
The sensation of burning or pain when urinating can be very annoying and uncomfortable. In general, this discomfort is usually associated with a urinary tract infection. However, this symptoms can also appear as a result of some gynecological disorders. For this reason, if you are experiencing a constant burning sensation when urinating, we suggest seeing a doctor to treat the infection appropriately.
In this oneHOWTO article we will show how to quickly get rid of burning when urinating. In addition to prescribed drugs, there are natural remedies that can aid in the treatment of this infection. These remedies can also help to speed up the recovery process.
Why am I experiencing burning when urinating?
Dysuria, otherwise known as experiencing pain and burning when urinating, is a uncomfortable symptom that can affect both men and women. This symptom can occur at any time, as a consequence of several different conditions, such as:
Causes of pain and burning when urinating in men
- Cystitis or bladder infection
- Prostate diseases, such as prostatitis, benign prostatic hyperplasia or prostate cancer
- Kidney stones
- Bladder stones
- Pyelonephritis or kidney infection
Causes of pain and burning when urinating in women
- Cystitis or urine infection
- Kidney infectiom
- Vaginal infections
- Kidney stones
- Bladder stone
- Sexually transmitted diseases, such as chlamydia, genital herpes, gonorrhea, etc.
- Irritation of the vagina due to the use of intimate products with aromas or aggressive chemical ingredients, such as lotions, lubricants, creams, flavored condoms etc.
When to go to the doctor - pain and burning when urinating
Pain and burning during urination can be caused by multiple conditions that affect the health of our urinary system. Sometimes this condition can also spread from the urinary system to the rest of the body. This is a symptom that should not be ignored. It is important to consult a medical specialist if you notice any of the following:
- Increased need for urination
- Urine leakage.
- Pain, burning, stinging during urination.
- Pain in the lower abdomen or back.
- Smelly, cloudy or dark urine.
- Presence of blood in the urine.
- Fever, tremors and / or chills.
- You are urinating very little or practically nothing.
A doctor to will be able to diagnose your symptoms and treat your infection appropriately. For this diagnosis a doctor will generally conduct several different medical tests, which could include; a urinalysis, a urine culture, urethral or vaginal flow analysis, ultrasound of the bladder, kidney or prostate, etc.
Treatment of pain and burning when urinating will depend on the specific case. If the origin stems from a urine infection, antibiotics will usually be administered.
Home remedies for itching and burning when urinating
In addition to treatment provided by your doctor, there are a number of home remedies that can help eliminate this burning sensation when urinating. These home remedies can also help to speed up your recovery in addition providing you with some relief. Among these, are some natural options to help cure a urine infection quickly and promote the elimination of microorganisms present in the bladder;
Infusions for urinary tract infections
To relieve pain and burning when urinating and eliminate bacteria, you can drink 2 cups following infusions (a day):
- Parsley tea: Parlsey, it is diuretic. It also helps to increase the production of urine thanks to its apiol content. In addition, it improves renal function and acts as an anti-inflammatory.
- Mallow infusion: (Malva) contains components that help deflate the bladder and relieve burning, pain and stinging.
- Thyme: Thyme helps to fight urinary tract infections thanks to its antibacterial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Garlic tea: has incredible natural antibiotic properties. These garlic properties can be used to fight against the bacteria that causes urinary tract infections.
Bicarbonate for urine infection
Dissolve 1 tablespoon of baking soda in water and drink. This concoction, if drank daily, can help reduce acidity in urine and, therefore, reduce pain and burning.
Bath using chamomile
Chamomile is a medicinal herb which contains antibiotic and depurative properties. These properties are very beneficial to both treat and prevent urinary tract infections. In addition, it is very soothing ingredient which can help relieve discomfort in the intimate area.
To prepare a chamomile bath, boil a good amount of chamomile in 1 liter of water and then pour the preparation into a large container to perform the genital washing. You can also add the chamomile infusion straight into the warm water and enjoy a 20 minute bath.
Coconut oil is a great natural antibacterial food that can even help fight E.coli bacteria, responsible for most urine infections. In addition, it helps clean the kidneys.
You need to take 2 teaspoons of coconut oil a day.
Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a great home remedy to remove burning as it prevents the proliferation of bacteria in the urinary tract, thus actively acting against the infection.
Dilute 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar into a glass of water and drink it twice a day to notice the benefits.
Application of heat
Pain and burning during urination is commonly accompanied by pain or pressure in the lower abdomen or back. To help decrease this discomfort, apply heat on these parts using a hot water bottle or an electric heat pad.
More tips to help remove and prevent burning when urinating
- Drink plenty of water during the day to increase urine flow to help facilitate the elimination of bacteria.
- Maintain good intimate hygiene and clean the genital area from front to back to prevent new infections.
- Wash your hands before and after going to the bathroom.
- Use condoms during all sexual relations.
- Urinate after sexual encounters to prevent bacteria from entering the body.
- Favor cotton underwear and natural fabrics.
This article is merely informative, oneHOWTO does not have the authority to prescribe any medical treatments or create a diagnosis. We invite you to visit your doctor if you have any type of condition or pain.
If you want to read similar articles to How To Get Rid Of Burning When Urinating, we recommend you visit our Healthy living category.