How to cure hemorrhoids with garlic - Natural Remedies
Garlic falls among the best home remedies to cure hemorrhoids naturally. This food has a very beneficial vasodilator and anticoagulant effect, perfect in remedial assistance of hemorrhoids or piles. Hemorrhoids and piles are protuberances that occur when the veins located in the anus or rectum become inflamed due to excessive pressure in the area. This can occur for various reasons, including constipation, being overweight, pregnancy, some diseases or sitting in a certain position for a long time.
In this oneHOWTO article we will share with you how to cure hemorrhoids with garlic naturally.
Healing properties of garlic for hemorrhoids
Garlic is one of the best home remedies for hemorrhoids. It manages to accelerate the healing process of this condition completely naturally. This is thanks to the fact that in its nutritional composition, there are components that favor blood circulation. Garlic also fights against symptoms that cause injuries in the anal region, such as pain, itching, burning and bleeding. Here are the main properties of garlic which help to cure hemorrhoids:
- It contains sulfurous compounds, such as allicin or ajoene, which help to improve blood circulation, prevent inflammation of blood vessels and the formation of blood clots. Therefore, it is excellent for preventing and treating hemorrhoids, which are technically an inflammation of blood vessels surrounding the anus.
- It also contains doses of quercetin, which is a type of flavonoid that acts by strengthening the veins and blood vessels and, therefore, prevents them from easily suffered damage.
- It is anti-inflammatory, so it helps reduce the swelling of hemorrhoids and decreases itching.
- It has antibiotic and antiseptic properties, which help to fight bacteria that can enter the body and affect health.
Garlic suppository for internal hemorrhoids
It is possible to cure hemorrhoids using garlic in different ways. The way in which you use garlic to treat your hemorrhoid is dependent on its location; internal or external.
Internal hemorrhoids are those located in the lower part of the rectum and above the anus. Internal hemorrhoids also, instead of being covered by skin, are covered by a mucosa. The best option to treat this internal case is to use a garlic suppository, which you insert directly into the any. This suppository will help to relieve pain and stop bleeding, the main manifestation of this type of hemorrhoid.
Peel 1 garlic clove and, afterwards, wash it well and cut it in the shape of a suppository. Afterwards, insert it into the anus gently and let it act throughout the night to obtain best results. To facilitate the application, you can apply some olive oil in the anal region before so that it is more lubricated and the insertion of the suppository is less uncomfortable.
How to use garlic for external hemorrhoids
If you need to cure external hemorrhoids with garlic, you can resort to one of the three natural remedies shown below. External hemorrhoids are those that are located below the junction of the anus at the rectum, it remains visible, is covered with skin and does not usually cause bleeding.
Buy garlic oil or make it at home , pour a few drops into a clean gauze and apply directly onto the external hemorrhoids about twice a day.
Make a garlic paste by crushing about 2 cloves of peeled garlic together. Place the paste obtained in a gauze and keep it in contact with the protuberances for at least 5 minutes. Then remove the gauze and wash the area with plenty of warm or cold water.
Another remedy for hemorrhoids which is very effective, is to prepare a garlic tea to use topically on the affected area. To do this, you should chop 3 or 4 cloves of garlic and boil them in the equivalent of 1 cup of water for about 10 minutes. Then strain the preparation and when it cools, soak a gauze in it and place it over the anal region to cure external hemorrhoids and relieve pain.
Garlic, bay laurel and cloves to cure hemorrhoids
Finally, we suggest using garlic for hemorrhoids by applying a very effective natural ointment. This ointment aims to combat the main symptoms of this condition. In this remedy, its antibiotic and vasodilator properties are combined with the antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties of bay laurel and cloves. Follow the recipe below;
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 cloves
- 1/2 liter of water
- Pour the water into a pot and bring it to a boil.
- When it has reached boiling point, add the previously crushed garlic cloves, a bay leaf and the cloves.
- Let all the ingredients cook for 15 or 20 minutes over low heat.
- After that time, remove from the fire and wait for it to cool.
- Then, strain the mixture and reserve the obtained liquid, which will be the ointment you will use against hemorrhoids.
You just have to pour a little of the liquid onto a clean gauze and apply it directly on the anal protuberances, allowing it to act for about 5 or 10 minutes to reduce inflammation and itching.
This article is merely informative, oneHOWTO does not have the authority to prescribe any medical treatments or create a diagnosis. We invite you to visit your doctor if you have any type of condition or pain.
If you want to read similar articles to How to cure hemorrhoids with garlic - Natural Remedies, we recommend you visit our Healthy living category.