The 6 Most Effective Home Remedies for Back Pain
Back pain is one of the most common ailments that we can suffer from. Poor posture and bad habits are mainly responsible in feeling discomfort in this area. But drugs are not the only option to relieve pain, some homemade solutions can effectively improve this condition and your wellbeing. So from oneHOWTO, here are the most effective home remedies for back pain which are very effective.
We have all suffered from back pain at some point but if it happens too often it is important to determine its cause. To do this it is important to know exactly where the pain is coming from:
- Middle back: discomfort in this area is usually presented by poor posture when sitting or walking. This is also common in women with large breasts due to the weight of the breasts. Hernias and disc injuries can also trigger pain.
- Lower back: lumbago or lower back pain is very common in people with bad posture while sleeping or resting in an inadequate mattress. These are also typical discomforts of pregnancy, of people who lift weight inadequately, of trapped nerves or damaged discs or from different types of hernias.
In the case of very frequent back pain it will be necessary to visit a doctor to determine the cause of the discomfort.
One of the best home remedies for back pain is to perform exercises that allow us to relieve the pressure and reduce discomfort. These are simple activities that help us effectively relax the area.
Applying a hot / cold compress in the area is another highly effective home remedy for back pain, especially when there is inflammation or in cases where the discomfort also produce muscle contractions.
Take a compress of water or a gel bag and apply it in the area, first the cold for 15 minutes and then the warm for 10 minutes. It is recommended you do this three times a day.
Sage is a medicinal plant with many benefits, including an important anti-inflammatory power ideal for relieving various muscle and bone pains. Therefore a sage infusion (instructions on how to make one here) is also a home remedy for back pain which is also very practical as you simply have to drink 3 cups a day of this sage infusion which you can make yourself or purchase in stores that sell natural products.
Rosemary is another ideal natural alternative to relieve back pain. Popularly used in cooking, it is a very effective anti-inflammatory when used topically.
There are several ways you can use it to relieve your discomfort:
- Massaging the affected area with rosemary oil which you can prepare at home. You can apply this treatment twice a day.
- Preparing a hot water bath with fresh rosemary. Leave the herbs in the water for at least 5 minutes and then get into the tub. This home remedy will also help reduce stress, which will also promote pain relief.
- With compresses of vinegar and rosemary. Boil a liter of water and 1/4 of vinegar and a cup of rosemary for 5 minutes. Leave to stand and when at a temperature suitable for contact with your skin, wet a cloth and apply it to the affected area for at least 10 minutes. You can repeat this three times a day.
Back rubs are one of the most commonly used home remedies to relieve the discomfort of the area, but it must always be done by someone who can do a soft and adequate massage and not increase the levels of discomfort.
Other alternatives that you can implement to prevent or relieve your back pain are:
- Activities such as yoga, pilates or swimming help improve posture and reduce suffering from discomfort in this area.
- Control your weight because obesity is one of the main triggers of problems in the back.
- Check and correct your posture if necessary, especially if you spend long hours sitting at a desk or computer.
- It is also important to get enough sleep and do so in a proper mattress, thus protecting our back from injuries and discomfort.
This article is merely informative, oneHOWTO does not have the authority to prescribe any medical treatments or create a diagnosis. We invite you to visit your doctor if you have any type of condition or pain.
If you want to read similar articles to The 6 Most Effective Home Remedies for Back Pain, we recommend you visit our Diseases & secondary effects category.