How to Reduce High Eosinophil Count
An eosinophil is a type of white blood cell that is developed in the bone marrow during the process of haematopoiesis. Around 5 to 7% of white blood cells in your body are eosinophils. When this count goes up, the condition is medically termed eosinophilia. Usually, it is characterized by difficulty breathing, cough and blockage in the airways. It is usually caused due to certain conditions such as infections, eczema, allergies, adrenal insufficiency, Addison’s disease and others. If you have been detected with increased eosinophil count, this oneHOWTO article will give you information about how to reduce high eosinophil count.
Reducing eosinophil count with medical care
The medical treatment you receive depends on the cause of your eosinophilia. Usually, it can be treated with oral, topical and inhaled corticosteroids, especially if you present symptoms of Eosinophillic Folliculitis. It often starts with prednisolone in doses of 30 to 60mg per day. If treatment is not achieved, it is followed by the administration of a chemotherapeutic agent. As patients with high eosinophil count have a high risk of receiving damage to their heart as well, they need to be closely monitored for further complications. There are chances of development of T-cell lymphoma as well, due to which regular medical care is required for such patients.
Home remedies for high eosinophil count
If you have recently been diagnosed with eosinophilia and you want to manage it with home remedies, you have a lot of choose from:
- Boil a bowl of water, put a little eucalyptus oil in it. Put it in a bowl and inhale the steam with it, covering your head with a towel. This will soften up your mucus and let it go.
- Drinking tea with some ginger juice or crushed ginger can be helpful in curing this problem.
- Mix some honey and pepper powder in water, and consume it twice a day to boost your immunity.
- Adding ½ tsp of turmeric powder in a glass of milk can be a valuable remedy to reduce high eosinophil count.
- Ginseng is found to be highly effective in reducing eosinophil count and curing any kind of inflammation. Take a look at our article on how to take Ginseng for more useful information.
- Boil 2 tbsp of fenugreek seeds in water, let it cool down, and gargle with this water when warm.
- One home remedy to reduce eosinophil count is to make a juice with Malabar nut and consume it daily.
Reducing high eosinophil count with yoga
According to yoga experts, eosinophil count can be sufficiently reduced with yoga postures. Must try yoga postures are:
This yoga exercise is very effective in strengthening the muscles of your respiratory system and rejuvenating your body. This type of yoga will help improve blood circulation, help reduce anxiety and stress as well as help any artery blockages you may have by working on the respiratory system.
This exercise is highly beneficial in giving deep relaxation to your body and refining your mind. It helps awareness of your surroundings as well as yourself, getting rid of tension and finding balance.
Dhyan, along with Ujjayi Pranayam and Khechari mudra
In this yoga exercise, attention is given to the throat and the navel in a cyclical manner. With this, chronic coughing is easily identified and breathing muscles are strengthened.
Fasting is an efficient way of curing diseases and reducing eosinophil. With this, excess fat accumulated in the fat cells is dissolved and you start feeling light all over. However, you should be carefully monitored by a professional doctor and ask him/her for advice before choosing this option.
How to manage high eosinophil count
If you have been detected with high eosinophil count, there will be certain lifestyle changes that you would need to make in your daily lifestyle. Some of them are:
- Reduce your daily consumption of sugared beverages, including juices, carbonated drinks, alcohol etc.
- Quit smoking, as it has serious adverse effect on your overall health, especially if you have been detected with high eosinophil count.
- Avoid eating bananas and yogurt, as they can increase production of mucus in your system.
- Take notice of other foods and drinks that aggravate your condition, and avoid them on a regular basis.
- Try to stay away from a dust prone environment, such as a construction site.
- Increase consumption of seasonal fruits and vegetables, as they can be helpful in boosting earlier recovery.
- Drink lots of water during the day, as it will be helpful in removing all toxins and wastes from your body and blood, and also in diluting your mucus.
This article is merely informative, oneHOWTO does not have the authority to prescribe any medical treatments or create a diagnosis. We invite you to visit your doctor if you have any type of condition or pain.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Reduce High Eosinophil Count, we recommend you visit our Diseases & secondary effects category.