What Are the Benefits of Quitting Smoking Cigarrettes
Giving up smoking is a goal that many people try for various reasons, some are driven by a health condition that could worsen with tobacco, others because they want a positive change in their life and there are those who even do it for economy as this vice is not cheap. Either way, quitting smoking has advantages for your health, so at OneHowTo.com we explain what the benefits of quitting smoking cigarettes are so you will be encouraged to take the plunge and live more healthily.
Benefits to your breathing and lungs
It's no secret that smoking seriously affects our breathing capacity and lung resistance, so one of the clearest benefits of quitting smoking cigarettes is that you slowly begin to regain your ability to breathe better, helping to oxygenate our brain and our bodies more effectively.
- It will reduce coughing, hoarseness and accumulation of phlegm seen in smokers.
- Smell and taste improve too as you can better appreciate smells and tastes.
- Asthma attacks and other respiratory problems decrease.
- The possibility of suffering from Colds is reduced.
Benefits on a circulatory level
Smokers are at higher risk of heart problems and tobacco increases the propensity to present arterial blockages and high blood pressure. So among the benefits of quitting the most prominent are its positive effect on our heart and overall health. When we quit:
- Circulation improves and you can perform cardiovascular activities like walking, running or swimming more effectively.
- It reduces the risk of heart attack.
- Blood pressure is regulated.
- The risk of coronary heart disease is reduced.
- The possibility of forming blood clots that can affect various organs of the body decreases.
More energy and a better mood
Breathing better means oxygen reaches our organs more effectively, including the brain. This means that we will be more attentive, less fatigued and more willing to perform daily activities. In addition, the improved breathing also means we get better sleep and we all know that proper rest is the key to good mood and energy.
Reduced risk of cancer
Quitting smoking is a decision that will benefit your health significantly, decreasing the chance of developing many diseases including the dreaded cancer. Those quit have a lower risk of suffering from mouth, tongue, throat and lungs cancer among others. This benefit alone is powerful enough to quit smoking.
In this OneHowTo article there are some tips to help you be able to give up smoking once and for all.
Other benefits of quitting
But if all the benefits of quitting tobacco we have given are still not powerful enough, here are some more advantages:
- More savings, you will no longer invest that money buying tobacco.
- Healthier teeth and gums.
- Healthier skin and hair.
- Lower risk of erection problems.
- Lower risk of problems during pregnancy.
This article is merely informative, oneHOWTO does not have the authority to prescribe any medical treatments or create a diagnosis. We invite you to visit your doctor if you have any type of condition or pain.
If you want to read similar articles to What Are the Benefits of Quitting Smoking Cigarrettes, we recommend you visit our Mental health category.