Natural Alternatives to Paracetamol
Paracetamol is one of the synthetic drugs that we largely rely upon for pain relief. Whenever we get a fever, body pain, muscle ache, headache or toothache, we pop in a tablet of Paracetamol and get going. But recently, its harmful effects have been revealed by studies and we have realized that it is not as safe as we had taken it to be. According to a recent study, it has been revealed that Paracetamol is detrimental to your kidneys, liver, heart, stomach and many other major organs. So, instead of rushing to get a Paracetamol every time to experience some discomfort, try these natural alternatives to Paracetamol to get some relief. Read this OneHowTo.com article to know how to manage your pain in a safe and effective way.
One good thing about homeopathic treatment is that in addition to relieving pain, it immediately starts addressing the cause of the pain as well. Homeopathy treats the pain according to the symptoms being presented, rather than diagnosis of the disease. Arnica Montana is one of the most effective homeopathic pain treatments. It is a mountain meadow flower that is highly effective in relieving pain and muscular discomfort. Hypericum is a great nerve pain reliever, especially in nails, toes and fingers. Chamomile and magnesium phos are widely used in homeopathy for relieving cramps and spasms, while Nux-vomica is a great remedy for headaches. A large number of athletes use homoeopathic Arnica for relieving bruising, ligament sprain, muscle strain, fractures etc.
Use these treatments only when experiencing mild pain and never as an alternative to a professionally prescribed treatment.
Several herbs have been used for centuries to treat pains and medical conditions. While certain herbs you'll only manage to suppress the pain and will not heal the problem, others work on the root cause of the condition as well. The best thing is that herbs do not have any side effects and are safe for everyone.
- Chili peppers have capsaicin that is effective in giving topical relief from joint, muscle and nerve pain.
- Turmeric has curcumin that works great by reducing inflammation and relieving pain.
- Bromelain is a herb that is an efficient anti-inflammatory substance too.
- Chamomile is already known for its calming effects to relieve spasm and muscle pain.
- Skullcap or scutellaria can be efficiently used to relieve muscle pain, headache, joint pain and fibromyalgia.
This is a Chinese therapy that is often used by experts to treat and manage pain. It is a great alternative if you don't want to take ibuprofen and paracetamol at the same time. In this treatment procedure, needles are applied on certain parts of the body. These needles work by removing blockage that might be causing the pain, thus restoring your overall health. Acupuncture is not an ordinary Paracetamol alternative. It is known to be highly effective in treating inflammation, allergies and pain.
- One drop of peppermint oil is highly efficient in treating headache naturally. Apply the essential oil on your temples and forehead, and get relief within minutes
- Essential oils are very useful in relieving back pain, including strains, lumbago and contractures. Dilute three drops essential oil in 10 drops Calophylle oil, and massage the area of injury to get relief
- If you are getting stomach cramps, try coloncynthis 3 times a day, along with heating pad or water bottle pressed against the stomach
- Clove contains eugenol which is an antibacterial agent known to lower tooth sensitivity and give immediate anesthesia locally. You can place one clove on your aching tooth and press it with your jaw.
This article is merely informative, oneHOWTO does not have the authority to prescribe any medical treatments or create a diagnosis. We invite you to visit your doctor if you have any type of condition or pain.
If you want to read similar articles to Natural Alternatives to Paracetamol, we recommend you visit our Drugs & supplements category.