How to treat varicose veins with apple cider vinegar
Varicose veins are veins that have become enlarged and inflamed, which not only makes our legs look bad, but also causes severe discomfort and a feeling of heaviness that often prevents us from going about our daily lives as normal. Even though this is a condition that can only be completely cured through surgery, it is still possible to use other treatments to help relieve its symptoms. And among the most effective natural products for this condition, apple cider vinegar is one of the best. If you want to know how to treat varicose veins with apple cider vinegar in the best way possible, keep reading this OneHowTo article.
Apple cider vinegar for varicose veins
Varicose veins usually develop in the legs and are directly caused by poor blood circulation. When the valves in our veins that make sure our blood circulates properly to the heart don't work properly, blood accumulates in the affected vein which causes it to swell up.
Remember that using apple cider vinegar is good for varicose veins because it helps to improve the body's blood flow and relieve symptoms caused by these troublesome varicose veins such as pain, heaviness, cramps, tingling, itching and swelling. Therefore, this natural product can become a great solution for instant and effective relief when applied onto the affected area.
How to apply apple cider vinegar onto varicose veins
Using apple cider vinegar to relieve the discomfort of varicose veins is very simple, and you can apply it in many ways. Below, we detail the most effective application methods:
- Pour a few drops of apple cider vinegar directly onto the palm of your hand and massage into the area affected by varicose veins in circular motions to let the skin completely absorb it.
- Another option is to use sterile gauze, moisten it with apple cider vinegar and hold it onto the varicose veins for a few minutes.
- Make a homemade cream made of apple cider vinegar, aloe vera and carrot. Blend precisely half a glass of apple cider vinegar, half a carrot and 3 tablespoons of aloe vera gel, and spread the mixture over the varicose veins by massaging upwards to stimulate blood circulation. Leave it on for at least 30 minutes and afterwards rinse it off with cool or lukewarm water.
While apple cider vinegar is a good natural treatment for varicose veins, in our article how to treat varicose veins with home remedies you can find out many other treatments.
More tips for treating varicose veins
Note that if you want to reduce the discomfort caused by varicose veins and avoid more of these spider-like veins from appearing as much as possible you must carry out the following measures daily:
- Have a healthy, balanced diet to avoid becoming overweight or suffering from constipation, since both conditions increase your chances of developing varicose veins.
- Exercise regularly especially by doing activities that boost the blood circulation in the legs such as walking, running, swimming, biking, pilates, etc.
- Avoid standing for long periods or sitting while in the same body position.
- Wear shoes that fit you well and that are comfortable. Find out what are the best shoes to prevent varicose veins.
- Use blood-thinning creams on your legs.
For more information, see our article how to treat varicose veins with home remedies.
This article is merely informative, oneHOWTO doe not have the authority to prescribe any medical treatments or create a diagnosis.We invite you to visit your doctor if you have any type of condition or pain.
If you'd like to read similar articles to How to treat varicose veins with apple cider vinegar, we recommend you browse around our Family health category.