How to Get Rid of Varicose Veins with Coconut Oil
Who doesn’t want flawless, beautiful legs to show off? But with improper posture and extended hours of sitting or standing, varicose veins creep in. Varicose veins are unsightly, and sometimes painful too. Although there are several treatment methods, exercises and preventive measures to get rid of varicose veins, there are some home remedies as well. One such popular remedy is to use coconut oil. Read this oneHOWTO article to find out how to get rid of varicose veins with coconut oil.
How to use coconut oil on varicose veins
Massaging the spider veins area with coconut oil can actually help in diminishing them naturally. The best thing is that this is a 100% natural process, and there is no chemical or surgery involved in it. Follow these step by step instructions to get rid of varicose veins with coconut oil:
- Warm up some water in a pan. Make sure that it is just warm, and not sizzling hot
- Dip a sponge in this warm water and clean your spider veins affected area with it
- Use a clean towel to pat dry the area
- Take one tsp of coconut oil on your palm
- Rub your palms together to warm up the coconut oil
- In winters, coconut oil tends to become rock solid. In that case, you may need to submerge the bottle of coconut oil in a bowl with hot water
- The coconut oil will start melting in a few minutes
- Take one tsp of oil in your palm and rub between your palms
- Apply this oil on your legs, particularly concentrating on the areas affected with varicose veins
- Keep massaging for 15 minutes using a mixture of hard and gentle strokes
- Keep adding more oil as needed
- Repeat this massage at least twice a day daily, and you will soon see positive results
Consumption of coconut oil
Coconut oil works wonders to optimize your digestion and treat varicose veins effectively. You must be thinking about what your digestive system has to do with varicose veins. Well, when you have poor digestion, you put excessive pressure on your abdomen, which ultimately leads to swelling in your veins, thus causing varicose veins. Varicose veins can happen when you over-exert your abdomen and struggle to expel your hard fecal waste. The excessive strain can cause your blood to flow back through your legs, causing stretching of your valves. Since the valves cannot function properly, varicose veins are bound to develop.
Coconut oil has many health benefits. It has medium chain triglycerides which digest easily and give you loads of energy. They also improve your intestinal muscle tone and balance your pH. Coconut oil keeps your pipes clean and your blood keeps flowing freely. By assisting regular stool movements, consumption of coconut oil is helpful in getting rid of your varicose veins.
Benefits of using coconut oil to get rid of varicose veins
There are several methods used for treating varicose veins, including surgery, chemical treatments and vigorous physiotherapy exercises. Eating a well balanced diet is very important for maintaining your overall health, and when you are healthy, you are less likely to develop varicose veins and other health conditions. But it is always better to use home remedies, as they are equally effective in treating your conditions. As far as getting rid of varicose veins is concerned, coconut oil is a time tested remedy.
- One best benefit of using coconut oil to get rid of varicose veins is that it is 100% natural, and does not involve any chemicals or surgical procedures
- Another benefit is that it proves to be a very cheap treatment method. All you need is a few drops of coconut oil, and a few minutes to spend. Just get a healthier diet, increase consumption of coconut oil, and massage your legs with coconut oil twice or thrice a day.
This can be an effective, cheap and natural method of getting rid of varicose veins successfully.
This article is merely informative, oneHOWTO does not have the authority to prescribe any medical treatments or create a diagnosis. We invite you to visit your doctor if you have any type of condition or pain.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Get Rid of Varicose Veins with Coconut Oil, we recommend you visit our Family health category.