How To Remove Red Moles
You may have been alarmed to see some red moles appear on your skin. These are small marks of a vivid reddish hue which suddenly emerge on the skin, but don't panic as these moles, generally, are nothing to worry about. They can come about by factors such as age, hepatic dysfunction or sun exposure. What is true however is that they can be unwanted, so in this OneHowTo article we tell you how to remove red moles, accounting for both aesthetic and medical reasons.
The first thing you should know is that red moles are not usually signs of your health being at risk, the factors affecting their appearance are several: from motives of sun exposure to certain liver function failures. In this OneHowTo article we tell you what causes red moles so you know how to determine their origin and, therefore, their treatment.
The reasons that these moles are red can differ. Small blood vessels dilate and this results in seeing the spots in this colour. They mostly appear in areas like the neck, back or chest but people have had them in other parts of the body such as the feet, genitals, face, and so on.
Medical treatments for red spots
Depending on the size of your mole you should know that there are some cosmetic concealers or foundations that can hide and cover its appearance; however, if you are looking to remove a red mole permanently know that there are different medical treatments that will help you achieve this. To choose the best for you, it is imperative that you consult a specialist.
- Surgery: This treatment is usually recommended for moles that are large and deep. The doctor will remove the mole surgically and then proceed to the healing of the same through stitches. This treatment can be painful and often leads to scarring.
- Laser: It is the most effective and painless way to remove red mole, plus this method has no side effects.
- Cryotherapy: With this treatment what is achieved is to freeze the red mole so to remove it with the same procedure often used to remove warts. This therapy is painless but the cost is higher.
Natural Remedies for red moles
If you are not convinced by the medical treatments that we have discussed you should know that there are some home remedies to diminish the appearance of red moles. They are very simple and effective treatments, but you will have to apply these for a longer time until you get the spot to totally disappear.
- Castor oil: You will need a bit of castor oil, cotton and a piece of tape. You just have to apply the oil soaked cotton on the spot and paste it on your skin with tape, repeating the process every day for 7 days; if your mole gets bigger, seek medical attention immediately.
- Garlic: This natural ingredient is perfect to combat skin diseases such as warts or moles. You will have to apply a piece of fresh garlic on the mole and leave it attached to the skin with a plaster; it's important that you do this during the night and in the morning you wash well to remove the smell. Continue the treatment for 2 weeks and see the difference.
- Apple cider vinegar: This is also a powerful ally to help remove red moles. You only have to wet a cotton pad with some of this vinegar and apply it in the area where you have the mark; for 3 weeks you will have to apply this treatment and the mole should become less visible.
- Sour apples: The acid component of this apple juice works well to help alleviate moles. The trick is to apply the juice 3 times a day directly onto the treatment area. During three weeks you should follow this home remedy to see how it ends up disappearing.
You should go to the doctor when
Although red moles are usually not harmful to our health it is important that you monitor it and track its evolution. Its appearance can be due to different reasons, from normal to slightly more serious conditions, so you have to monitor your new mole.
For example, if you see that many red moles have suddenly appeared it is important that you go to the doctor. These marks appear on the skin suddenly, but if more than 2 appear at the same time it is a sign that something may be wrong.
The same applies if you see your mole begins to adopt a irregular and rough form or when its size is greater than 6 mm. If you see the mole is asymmetrical, it is also important to see a dermatologist.
How to know when a mole is dangerous
To know if a mole is dangerous, follow the ABCDE rule:
- A: Asymmetrical. A normal mole is usually simmetrical, an abnormal one isn't
- B: Border. If the border is not clearly defined, it might be a sign that it is abnormal
- C: Colour. If the colour of the mole varies throughout, it may need to be checked out
- D: Diameter. If your mole is larger than one centimetre, it is worth getting it checked
- E: Evolving. If your mole is changing in color, growing or multiplying, you should seek medical attention.
This article is merely informative, oneHOWTO does not have the authority to prescribe any medical treatments or create a diagnosis. We invite you to visit your doctor if you have any type of condition or pain.
If you want to read similar articles to How To Remove Red Moles, we recommend you visit our Family health category.