How to Make your Period Come with Parsley
A 2-3 week delay in the period is always a stressful situation. But sometimes, this stress is even worse for the period, and the more you think about it and the more worried you are, the longer it will take for it to come. But there are some remedies that can induce your period an make it come when it's late. A homemade remedy for such time can be found in herbs like parsley. Using herbs to induce period has been in practice for a very long time. Even though it doesn’t work for everybody, there is no harm in trying at least once as there is hardly any side effect. If you're worried about a period that is late, in this OneHowTo article we explain you how to make your period come with parsley.
Parsley for period
Parsley is a mildly emmenagogues herb i.e. it induces the menstrual blood flow by stimulating our system. Parsley causes the uterine track to contract, which in turn stimulates the uterus to shred its lining due to which period is induced. According to some people parsley can even be used to induce natural abortion. But there is no scientific proof about natural abortion from parsley.
Parsley can be obtained easily from any grocery store or market. You can find it either in the plant or dried, available in many grocery stores. Also you can grow your very own parsley in your kitchen garden.
There are two ways in which parsley can be used to induce period which are mentioned below.
Method 1: Parsley tea
The first way to take parsley to make your period come is by drinking it as a tea. Parsley tea can be made with either fresh parsley or dried parsley. But most people prefer fresh parsley as they are more potent than the dried ones.
To make parsley tea you will need:
- Parsley (fresh or dried)
- Pot containing water
- At first put the pot containing water on a stove and heat it.
- Then put some parsley in the pitcher. Use about a handful of parsley for each cup. Using more than a handful will not harm but using very less amount of parsley is not likely to show any result. If you are using dried parsley then use a teaspoon full of parsley per cup.
- When the water is hot, pour the water over the parsley kept in the pitcher. Take care that the water is hot but not boiling. This is because adding boiling water over parsley will weaken its effects.
- Let it steep for 15–30 minutes. The longer it steeps, the more potent the concoction is.
- Strain the concoction in a cup and drink it.
- You can consume parsley tea about 3-4 times per day.
Method 2: Parsley pessary
Parsley pessary is the method of inserting parsley in the vagina to induce period. Parsley pessary helps in softening the cervix due to which it opens and period is induced.
To make a parsley pessary take 3–4 sprigs of fresh parsley and wrap it in a cheese cloth. Then insert it in the vagina till it touches your cervix.
For some people wrapping the parsley sprigs is not necessary. They just tie a string at the end of the stems and insert them in the vagina till it touches your cervix. The string helps in pulling out the sprigs later on.
Change the parsley pessary at an interval of every 8–12 hours.
This article is merely informative, oneHOWTO doe not have the authority to prescribe any medical treatments or create a diagnosis.We invite you to visit your doctor if you have any type of condition or pain.
If you'd like to read similar articles to How to Make your Period Come with Parsley, we recommend you browse around our Family health category.