How To Keep Weight Off After Losing It
It is not a secret to that as the years go by our metabolism changes, becoming a little slower. This, depending on each person's habits, can lead to a gradual weight gain, something many people do not want to happen. Furthermore, those who have undergone a diet do not want to put the weight they lost back on. Whatever your case, at OneHowTo.com we explain how to keep weight off after losing it.
The first important thing to consider for you to keep your weight off after losing it, is to understand that our metabolism changes with age, as does our lifestyle. Teenagers tend to be much more active than 30 year old adults, so the key to keeping your weight is to do everything we can to keep our metabolism fast as it will be our best friend.
If you want to keep your weight without abrupt changes, whether you did or did not diet, it is important to take into account some habits relating particularly to the way you organize your daily meals.
To achieve your goal, consider that:
- You should never skip a meal, especially breakfast. This makes your metabolism work slower and forces your body to accumulate more fat and calories, so that's why you should avoid doing it.
- You should not eat heavy dinners regularly. In a 7 day week, try to eat a light dinner at least 5 or 6 times a week. Heavy and high calorie dinners make us fat because our body does not have time to burn all those calories before bedtime.
To keep your weight and not put it on again it is essential not only to eat a healthy diet but also to learn the art of balancing what we eat. For example, if one night you are going out for dinner and drinks, and you know that you will eat excessively, then eat a light lunch that day.
Do not feel guilty if one day you eat a heavy meal, but when you do, compensate by eating lightly at other meals. Don't get into the habit of doing this often either, eating well and healthily every day is important.
Do you want to keep your weight off over the years? Then forget about always eating out. You think you're eating something light, but the reality is that restaurants cook with large amounts of oil, fat and butter, among other calorific ingredients, and it will never be as healthy as eating at home.
So the best thing you can do is take your lunch to work every day or go home, if your routine allows it. Leave going to a restaurant for special occasions.
Try to have as natural and healthy a diet possible and you'll see how it's hard to gain weight. Some tips to help you are:
- Always eat fresh fruits and vegetables, forget about frozen or pre-prepared food, full of preservatives and calories you do not need
- Eat fried food very occasionally and always opt for healthier and equally delicious cooking methods such as baking, grilling or steaming
- No matter how good they are, sweets and pastries are highly harmful for our body. They do not add any nutrients and can also lead to problems like diabetes, high blood pressure and cholesterol and triglycerides. Only eat them gradually and never on a daily basis.
- Moderate your intake of all the foods you know are bad for your health: soft drinks, sweets, sausages, etc.
After all these food related tips for keeping your weight off after dieting, there is one more missing and that has to do with lifestyle: if you want to always look healthy, exercise regularly and change your sedentary lifestyle. Our body is a complex system that needs exercise to stay healthy, if you spend all day sitting, you move little and eat too much or the wrong food, it is impossible to maintain a healthy body.
As a minimum you should do half an hour of exercise a day and follow a more elaborate training plan if you intend to tone up your figure. Those who exercise on a daily basis are healthier (scientifically proven), so incorporate sport into your life and you will see positive changes to your figure.
This article is merely informative, oneHOWTO does not have the authority to prescribe any medical treatments or create a diagnosis. We invite you to visit your doctor if you have any type of condition or pain.
If you want to read similar articles to How To Keep Weight Off After Losing It, we recommend you visit our Healthy living category.