How to Get Rid of Vertigo Naturally
Do you often suffer from vertigo? Dizziness can be treated and relieved with a series of recommendations that are easily carried out. There are many causes for dizziness and in order to treat them it is also essential to know where the condition is coming from to find a remedy. There are some natural treatments that can help relieve dizziness by incorporating them into your daily diet. If you want to know what we recommend, carry on reading this OneHowTo article in which you'll discover how to get rid of vertigo naturally.
There are different types of vertigo whose origin and symptoms are slightly different from each other. In general, it is important to know that vertigo is divided into:
- Peripheral vertigo: this usually appears because of nerve damage and nystagmus occurs intensively in the patient. It is usually accompanied by a small hearing loss and can be controlled by staring at a particular point.
- Central vertigo: this is less intense than the last one but is more continuous. It does not usually cause hearing loss but can last for several days.
- Ménière's disease: these are intense episodes of vertigo that can also lead to nausea and/or vomiting. Your ears may also be affected. It usually affects both men and women between 40 and 50 years old and its causes can be very diverse: diseases, allergies, stress, etc.
One of the best home remedies for vertigo is ginger since it is ideal for improving blood circulation which levels blood pressure and reduces episodes of dizziness and vertigo. To take advantage of these benefits, just make a tea made from the root of this plant and drink it once a day. If you prefer, you can use fresh ginger and mix it in with your recipes.
In this OneHowTo article we detail the causes of vertigo so you understand what the origin of this discomfort might be.
Ginkgo biloba is a plant native to China and is also a natural remedy for combating the effects of vertigo. The reason for this is because this ingredient helps to improve blood circulation, especially in the inner ear and brain, causing dizziness and instability to be regulated.
You can also treat vertigo naturally with lemon as this fruit is rich in vitamin C and can fight free radicals that may be responsible for the onset of dizziness. To take advantage of these uses you just have to incorporate lemon into your daily diet.
You can add it to your recipes (for example, lemon chicken or a salad dressing with its juice) or, if you prefer, you can also have a glass of warm water with lemon on an empty stomach every morning before breakfast to supply numerous benefits to your body.
Cayenne pepper is also perfect for relieving the symptoms of vertigo because it contains an active property known as "capsaicin". This contributes to increased blood flow around the body, especially in the brain, causing vertigo to subside.
To use this property just incorporate this spice into your cooking or, if you prefer, you can make a tea with it. However, you should be careful, especially if you have an irritable stomach or some type of disease because this ingredient can cause heartburn. It is best to mix it in with your dishes and in doing so take advantage of its benefits.
For peripheral vertigo, there are certain exercises that will help improve your condition. You need to repeat them once every day. You'll notice how the symptoms slowly fade away.
- Move your eyes to the left and to the right without moving your head 20 times.
- Move your eyes up and down 20 times without moving your head.
- Put your finger in front of your nose. Move it forward and backwards while you follow it with your eyes. Repeat 20 times.
- Move your head from one side to the other, as if you were going to touch your shoulder with your ear. Do each side 20 times.
- Move your head from side to side, as if you were saying "no", first slowly and then increasing the speed. Do twenty repetitions too.
- Nod your head backwards and forwards twenty times, slowly increasing the speed.
- Move your shoulders up and down. Do twenty repetitions.
Besides these remedies for vertigo, you should take into account a number of practices to help you to feel better and manage dizziness. Next we'll give you a list of what you should and should not do:
- Do not consume caffeine, tobacco or alcohol because these substances constrict blood vessels and hinder the free flow of blood.
- Lie down on a bed or on the couch when you feel dizzy to avoid losing stability and falling.
- Remain staring at a point so your mind can focus and regain a sense of balance (this method is used by dancers).
- Deep breaths help you to relax and for oxygen to better enter into your brain. Vertigo can also sometimes occur due to stress or anxiety that causes a build-up of carbon dioxide in the brain. Therefore, by breathing you manage to oxygenate it as well as relaxing.
- Open the windows or turn on the light to reduce dizziness and feel more stable.
At OneHowTo we suggest that you go to a doctor if you experience dizziness to discover its cause and find out the best method to treat and prevent it.
This article is merely informative, oneHOWTO does not have the authority to prescribe any medical treatments or create a diagnosis. We invite you to visit your doctor if you have any type of condition or pain.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Get Rid of Vertigo Naturally, we recommend you visit our Diseases & secondary effects category.