How to Eat Goji Berries to Lose Weight
If you are looking for natural products that will help you in the difficult goal to lose weight, the famous Goji berries may interest you. This is a small red fruit from the East that has gradually become popular for its amazing positive effects on health and, above all, to accelerate fat burning and weight loss process. If you want to know how they can help and how to include them in your daily diet, do not miss this oneHOWTO article where we explain how to eat Goji berries to lose weight.
There are many benefits of Goji berries on the health of our bodies that have been identified, but why has this red fruit has become a coveted food for weight loss? Well you should know that their powerful slimming properties and the ability to encourage size reduction work through:
- Their high fiebre content makes them an ideal food to feel full longer and therefore, reduce appetite.
- They are diuretic and cleansing, so that help eliminate toxins and waste from the body to fight diseases such as fluid retention.
- Goji berries for weight loss work due to the fact they accelerate fat burning and increase energy levels in the body.
- They are antioxidants and promote the reduction of the levels of fat and bad cholesterol in blood.
- By balancing glucose levels, you can reduce the need to eat sweets and make it easy to follow a weight loss diet.
Therefore, Goji berries are considered to be a potent natural slimming agent and there are already many people that have signed up to the usual consumption of these small red fruits. Yes, you must remember that, like any other food or product, Goji berries alone do not offer miraculous results and should always be included in a hypo-caloric diet, as well as combined with a good exercise routine. We suggest the 1000 calorie diet to combine with Goji berries, though once you have reached your target weight, you can still add them to your usual diet, to help maintain your figure.
These fruits can be included in many recipes and you can eat them accompanied by other ingredients, but if you want eat Goji berries to lose weight, it is best to resort to some of the preparations that we present below.
One of the most effective way to take Goji berries for weight loss is to make a tea or infusion. To make it you need:
- 1 small spoonful of Goji berries
- 3 cloves
- lemon verbena leaves
- a little lemon zest
- mineral water
- Boil 400 ml mineral water.
- Meanwhile, wash the lemon and slice a bit of its zest with a knife or peeler.
- Wash the verbena leaves, and cut them into small pieces
- Add all the ingredients including the cloves in the water, cover and leave for five minutes on low heat.
- Let is stand for another 10 to 15 minutes with the heat off.
- Sieve properly to get rid of all the ingredients.
Once your infusion is ready, it is best to drink 3 cups of it just before main meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner). You can take advantage of its satiating effect and reduce the amount of food at meals without having to starve.
Another way to use Goji Berries for weight loss is by preparing a delicious natural juice, which we propose to add other fruits that allow you to get a drink rich in vitamin C and full of fiber, which will be beneficial also to strengthen your immune system and prevent aging. The ingredients you need to make this Goji berry juice are:
- 8 Goji berries
- 1 lemon
- 1 kiwi
- Half a glass of mineral water
- You only have to extract the lemon juice and peel and cut the kiwi into pieces
- Then, put both ingredients in the bowl of the mixer with the Goji berries and water.
- Process for a few seconds and your juice will be ready to drink.
Another way to use Goji Berries for weight loss is to add them to your daily diet. Goji berries will make a good addition to your salads, which you can combine with other seeds and activated foods that will help you lose weight such as raisins, flaxseed or chia. You'll simply need to sprinkle them on top of the salad.
When losing weight, a complete breakfast is the key to controlling your appetite during the rest of the day. This is why using Goji berries as a topping for your oatmeal breakfast is perfect for full nutrition and a sense of fullness that will help you avoid snacking. Add other berries such as blueberry or raspberry to benefit from their nutrients too.
Finally, you should know that there are also Goji berry extract capsules which can be another effective alternative to help you in your goal to lose weight. These are available in health food stores and specialty stores selling natural products, and it will be important before taking it, to get informed about proper dosage and form of recommended consumption. Usually, it is recommended to take two capsules daily accompanied by fluid and not exceed that amount to prevent certain side effects.
However, it's also important to make sure you know about the side effects of Goji berries to make sure you are not causing any harm to your overall health.
This article is merely informative, oneHOWTO does not have the authority to prescribe any medical treatments or create a diagnosis. We invite you to visit your doctor if you have any type of condition or pain.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Eat Goji Berries to Lose Weight, we recommend you visit our Family health category.