What To Eat If You Have Candida
Candida is a fungus that lives in the vaginal flora, urinary tract, mouth, throat and intestines and in correct levels, does not cause any inconvenience to our health. But when our immune system is weakened or affected, their presence may increase giving rise to the infection known as candida, vaginal yeast infection or candidiasis. In addition to a convenient topical treatment, some foods can help to reduce the presence of this fungus and improve our health, so at OneHowTo we explain what to eat if you have candida.
What to eat if I have candida
Some foods, for their antibiotic or anti-fungal properties, or because they promote the balance of the bacterial flora, are suitable for consumption when you have candidiasis, helping to control the infection and strengthen your immune system. Therefore we recommend an intake of:
- Foods rich in probiotics such as yogurt, kefir, green algae or pickles.
- Proteins such as meat, poultry, fish or eggs, which help strengthen the immune system.
- Garlic and onions, both considered excellent choices for its antibiotic properties. Preferably, the recommendation is to eat them raw.
- Nuts are high in essential oils, like almonds, peanuts or walnuts.
- Gluten-free cereals like rice or oats.
- Vegetables are low in carbohydrates like tomatoes, soybeans, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, eggplant, peppers or broccoli.
What NOT to eat if I have candidiasis
When you have candida, it is essential to avoid all foods containing yeast or sugar as these worsen the condition favoring the growth of the fungus. Thus it is advisable to limit in your diet:
- Breads, cakes, cookies, pastries and anything that may contain yeast.
- Refined sugar and sugar products like candy.
- Milk, butter and cheeses.
- Fermented beverages such as beer or cider.
- Refreshments high in sugar content.
- Carbohydrate-rich foods, including legumes, corn or potatos.
- All kinds of processed products such as sausages.
- Cereals with gluten such as wheat.
Visit your doctor
If candida occurs frequently, it is crucial to see a doctor to determine the cause of this condition and the proper way to counter it permanently.
You can also check out more information on our article: How to cure vaginal thrush
This article is merely informative, oneHOWTO does not have the authority to prescribe any medical treatments or create a diagnosis. We invite you to visit your doctor if you have any type of condition or pain.
If you want to read similar articles to What To Eat If You Have Candida, we recommend you visit our Diseases & secondary effects category.