Natural Remedies to Lower High Blood Pressure
Hypertension is what happens when the pressure at which blood travels through our body is too high, a condition that threatens the health of our heart and our overall well-being. In addition to making changes in our daily habits and in our diet, it is possible to improve this condition with some natural alternatives that are easy to incorporate into our daily routine. Want to know more? At OneHowTo we give you some natural remedies to lower high blood pressure.
Understanding why our blood pressure has raised is essential to making the changes necessary to allow us to improve this condition. And although natural medicine can be of great help to fight this disease, it is important to understand that no remedy will be fully effective if you don't change your bad habits that affect your blood pressure and, in turn, the health of your heart.
If you are taking medication for this condition, it is important to see your doctor before taking any complementary natural treatments.
Garlic is a food full of beneficial properties, being an excellent antibiotic, a powerful antioxidant and a way to improve blood circulation. But it is also one of the best natural remedies to lower high blood pressure because it contains allicin, which helps dilate the arteries and reduces blood clots.
But to enjoy all these benefits, you need to eat a clove of raw garlic a day, because if you cook it, you will reduce its effectiveness. It's not easy to do, but in our article how to eat raw garlic we explain the easiest way to eat it.
Because of its many benefits for our health, celery is one of the foods that is most commonly used in weight loss diets because it is an excellent diuretic that also helps reduce high cholesterol. But this plant also helps reduce high blood pressure because it relaxes the blood vessels, improving your blood pressure.
The best thing about this food is that it is very easy to eat, just eat two stalks of celery a day either in a salad, by themselves, in soups and stews or by drinking celery juice.
You should not eat celery if you are:
- Pregnant, as it can cause a miscarriage.
- Suffering from stomach problems like irritable bowel syndrome or who have digestion problems. In these cases, it is recommended to cook the celery before eating it to make it easier to digest.
Oatmeal is not only an excellent source of fibre, it is perfect to regulate intestinal transit, not forgetting it is also a good home remedy for high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Because of its ability to absorb the fats and sugars in our body, stopping them from building up, it is obviously a good food to improve your heart's health.
Eating oatmeal every day is easier than you think, but if you prefer an easier way to add it into your daily routine just add two tablespoons of natural oat flakes into a glass of water and let it sit overnight. The next morning, drink the water before you eat anything. It is recommended to have it this way every day.
Apple cider vinegar is full of benefits and properties that help to eliminate body fat, improve digestion and promote blood circulation. For this reason it is an excellent ally to decrease high blood pressure. You should only have a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar mixed with a glass of water 3 times a day.
Avoid this natural remedy if you have weakened tooth enamel or if you suffer from stomach ulcers or heartburn.
Adding diuretics to your diet is an excellent way to lower your high blood pressure. But you don't need to use medicine, you can just make a juice out of a cup of water, a handful of fresh parsley and some lemon juice. It is best to drink it on an empty stomach to see how it lowers your blood pressure.
It's also important you take into account those healthy lifestyle habits that can help you lose weight:
- Avoid drugs and alcohol: Excessive use of drugs and alcohol can harm your organs highly, including the liver and kidneys. When these organs are damaged, they can cause an accumulation of fluids in your body. As mentioned earlier, the additional liquids make your heart beat faster and this is why blood pressure rises. Moreover, many drugs are stimulants.
- Avoid salt in food: Sodium makes your body retain liquids, which is what makes blood be more liquid. When blood has a bigger flow, the heart needs to beat harder to move the excess amount around the body. This makes the artery pressure rise. Remember, it's not only the salt we add to food, it's the amount of sodium in pre-packed foods you eat too.
- Reduce your weight: Being overweight makes your heart work more constantly and this increases blood pressure. When you lose that extra weight, your heart won't have to work as hard.
Besides these natural remedies to lower blood pressure, there are other steps you should take into consideration to ensure that you are looking after your health in the best possible way. Therefore we recommend reading our article on how to lower high blood pressure.
This article is merely informative, oneHOWTO does not have the authority to prescribe any medical treatments or create a diagnosis. We invite you to visit your doctor if you have any type of condition or pain.
If you want to read similar articles to Natural Remedies to Lower High Blood Pressure, we recommend you visit our Diseases & secondary effects category.