Mold And Mildew Allergy Symptoms
An allergy to moisture is, in fact, a reaction to mold and mildew that grows in moist environments. This condition has all the unpleasant side effects associated with an allergy, causing bothersome side effects that are impossible to ignore. However, if you are unsure if this is what's causing you to suffer, look no further than the following OneHowTo article on how to know the symptoms of mold and mildew allergy.
If you live in a place where humidity and mold is present, you may develop an allergy to this type of environment. The key to getting to the bottom of this is to be observant.
If, every time you walk into a room with high humidity you suffer from the following symptoms, it's likely that you are allergic to mold.
- Itchy and runny nose and eyes
- Red eyes and/or nose
- Nasal congestion
- In some cases, frequent and persistent sneezing
- You may also develop rashes in some parts of the body and a wheezing sensation when breathing.
This is why it's important to monitor your reaction in certain places to make sure that mold and mildew is the cause of your allergy. Take note of the places you were when the allergy appeared and check for mold and mildew in these spaces. If this happens at least five times in the same place, you most probably have a mold allergy.
A mold and mildew allergy isn't always easy to control because our environment isn't always easy to control. It is therefore important that you see a doctor for a diagnosis and appropriate treatment.
This is particularly important if you're visiting a humid, damp area.
At home you can take some steps that will help you to control your mold and mildew allergy effectively.
- Install dehumidifiers in different parts of your home to help control humidity in your home. You can also get rid of humidity using salt.
- Install them in moisture-prone rooms such as the bathroom or basement, and, keep your house well-ventilated.
- Carry out proper maintenance of the air conditioning and heating in your home, by cleaning filters to prevent accumulation of particles that can cause you allergy.
- Avoid having plants indoors. If you do have these plants in your home, it's important to prevent mold from forming on their leaves and stems, as it could cause an allergic reaction.
This article is merely informative, oneHOWTO does not have the authority to prescribe any medical treatments or create a diagnosis. We invite you to visit your doctor if you have any type of condition or pain.
If you want to read similar articles to Mold And Mildew Allergy Symptoms, we recommend you visit our Family health category.
- Use a hygrometer to check the level of moist in a certain room. Levels of moist higher than 50 are prone to mold and mildew.