How to Whiten Teeth Naturally, Fast, at Home
Do you want to whiten teeth fast, but you want to do it naturally and cheaply? There are some home remedies to whiten teeth instantly that might just be available in your kitchen, you only need to discover how to use them. If you thought that the only way to whiten teeth instantly is by going to the dentist and carrying out expensive procedures, you are wrong. We will teach you some home remedies to whiten teeth instantly that will not only whiten your teeth, they also won't damage them, and won't cost a fortune. So take note as on OneHowTo we explain how to whiten teeth naturally fast at home.
Why whiten teeth naturally at home?
First of all, one of the reasons why you are looking at how to whiten teeth naturally fast at home is probably because you already know that professional teeth whitening is nor cheap, neither is healthy. Professional teeth whitening can leave your teeth very sensitive and weak. So, since it is possible, you should try and whiten your teeth naturally at home.
One of the options on the market to whiten teeth instantly is whitening strips. However, those are expensive and they can damage your teeth because of their peroxide content. It is very fast to whiten teeth with whitening strips, but we suggest you look into our home remedies for teeth whitening. So let's discover how to whiten teeth naturally fast at home.
Why do teeth stain?
The reason why you might need to whiten your teeth is because certain foods and drinks stain our teeth. A tooth is made of 3 layers, the 2 most external ones, enamel and dentin, are the ones which are responsible for the teeth color. They naturally weaken as we age, but if we consume lots of junk food, they can turn yellow more quickly. So, when we talk about how to whiten teeth naturally fast at home, we talk about whitening the enamel and dentin. All of our home remedies to whiten teeth instantly will also work as preventive measures, together with a balanced diet and good teeth cleaning habits. Let's now come to how to whiten teeth naturally fast at home.
How to whiten teeth naturally fast at home - how to whiten teeth with baking soda
You might have heard that baking soda whitens teeth. In fact, it contains abrasive properties that are not too hard on the teeth, but are strong enough to whiten them. Since it also is alkaline, it balances the pH in our mouth, which not only helps whiten teeth, but also combats bad breath.
There are different home remedies to whiten teeth instantly with baking soda:
- The simplest way to whiten teeth with baking soda is by adding a tiny little bit of it to your toothpaste and brush your teeth
- You can also add enough water to a teaspoon of baking soda and make a paste that you can either brush or scrub on your teeth
- a less natural alternative to whiten teeth with baking soda is by making a paste with peroxide instead of water
How to whiten teeth with baking soda: baking soda strawberry paste recipe
Here is a very effective recipe to whiten teeth naturally fast at home. It is made with strawberry which, thanks to their malic acid content, help bleaching your teeth fast.
- get a big strawberry and mash it up with a fork
- add half a teaspoon of baking soda and mix until the mixture foams
- put it on your teeth with a toothbrush or your fingers and leave it for 5 minutes
- Wash your mouth
Do not use baking soda to whiten teeth more than once a week because of its abrasive power.
How to whiten teeth naturally fast at home - how to whiten teeth with lemon
A very natural and effective way to whiten teeth instantly is by using lemon and other citrus fruits. Citrus fruits help our mouth generate more saliva, which is the best natural teeth whitener. Here is how to whiten teeth with lemon:
- You can mix equal amounts of lemon juice and water, then submerge your toothbrush in the mixture and apply it on your teeth. Leave it on for 5 minutes and then rinse or wash your teeth.
- The other option is rubbing lemon peels on your teeth. It will instantly whiten your teeth
Do not use lemon to whiten teeth more that once a week, for other similar uses of lemon, check our article on household uses for lemon.
Let's now come to the very natural home remedies to whiten teeth. They are amazing, have no side effects, you can use them as much as you want, but they do not turn your teeth white immediately, you need to use them for a while before you notice your teeth starting to whiten. You can also mix lemon with sea salt to clean and whiten your teeth.
How to whiten teeth naturally fast at home - how to whiten teeth with banana
Banana peels contain some minerals that are good for the teeth, and they really are a natural remedy for teeth whitening, no chemicals! Here is how to whiten teeth with banana:
- Simply rub the inner part of a banana peel on your teeth every day as often as you like, as banana contains no abrasive substances. Wait 2 minutes and then brush your teeth.
How to whiten teeth naturally fast at home - how to whiten teeth with coconut oil
This really is the best kept secret of how to whiten teeth naturally fast at home. Coconut oil was used as a toothpaste in India. Coconut oil contains lauric acid, which combats the bacteria responsible for teeth yellowing, while also keeping the breath fresh. You can use it as often as you like, as coconut oil does not bleach, it gets rid of the bacteria responsible for yellow teeth. It is an amazing home remedy for teeth whitening for sensitive teeth. It also tastes good, and is cheap. Here is how to whiten teeth with coconut oil:
- The most common way to whiten teeth with coconut oil is called "oil pulling", which means you have to rub coconut oil on your teeth, either with the help of a cloth, or with your fingers. Rinse your mouth and brush your teeth. Repeat every day.
- Another way of whitening teeth with coconut oil is by making a coconut oil and baking soda paste by just mixing a small amount of baking soda with a tablespoon of coconut oil. You can add an edible essential oil for freshening the breath as well.
- You can also make a coconut oil toothpaste for everyday use
Other ways to whiten teeth naturally at home include rubbing turmeric or basil directly on your teeth.
So, now you have many options on how to whiten teeth naturally fast at home. You know how to whiten your teeth with baking soda, how to whiten teeth fast without baking soda, how to whiten teeth with lemon, banana, and coconut oil. Let us know if you know more secrets on how to whiten teeth naturally fast at home!
This article is merely informative, oneHOWTO does not have the authority to prescribe any medical treatments or create a diagnosis. We invite you to visit your doctor if you have any type of condition or pain.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Whiten Teeth Naturally, Fast, at Home, we recommend you visit our Family health category.