How To Improve Eyesight Naturally At Home
Having healthy eyesight and paying attention to eye health is essential to avoid certain vision problems or diseases such as cataracts or glaucoma as we age. That is why to prevent them from worsening prematurely, it is necessary to take some precautions that deal with, among other things, your diet and those habits that threaten your vision every day. Take note of the recommendations in this OneHowTo article on how to improve eyesight naturally and do not hesitate to try them out at home.
Good nutrition is essential to maintain healthy eyesight, because the eyes require certain nutrients in order to work properly, so we advise you to check your daily diet and include foods missing from the list below:
- Foods with vitamin A: carrots, squash, spinach, broccoli, egg yolk, tomatoes.
- Vitamin C foods: orange, lemon, grapefruit, tangerines, strawberries, kiwi.
- Foods with vitamin E: wheat germ, vegetable oils, peas, asparagus, avocado.
- Foods with omega 3: oily fish, egg yolk, vegetable oils, chia seeds, flax seeds.
- Foods with lutein: green leafy vegetables, corn, eggs, tomatoes, squash.
- Cyanine foods: blueberries, grapes, goji berries.
In addition to food, it is good to keep your blood pressure controlled, because elevated blood pressure is a factor that can cause significant damage to the retinal blood vessels, thus contributing to the loss of vision. So if you suffer from arterial hypertension you should also check with your doctor, eat a diet low in salt and fat, drink plenty of water and exercise regularly. See the article how to lower high blood pressure for more tips.
As you know, the sun's UV rays are extremely harmful to the eyes, so it is best that you wear sunglasses when you are exposed. Not all sunglasses work, so make sure that you have sunglasses tested by health authorities to protect your eyes from UV rays and infrared radiation.
To improve eyesight naturally, it is also essential to reduce eye strain, because if you use excessive force every day, they'll start to feel a lot more tired, fatigued and sore. For this, it is important to:
- Rest and sleep enough (between 7 and 8 hours per day).
- Do not spend too much time in front of computer screen, watching TV or on your mobile phone.
- If you have to work at a computer for hours, try to turn away from it and rest your eyes every 20 minutes.
- Reduce the brightness of the computer screen and television and magnify the text and you will not have to strain your eyes to read.
- Read using dimmed lights.
There are some simple exercises you can perform every day to improve your eyesight, relax your eyes and prevent eye fatigue. Spend a few minutes doing these eye exercises and you'll see the difference:
- Flashes. Close your eyes and slowly open the upper lid until it is open completely. Repeat the movement 5 to 10 times.
- Move your eyes. Look up and then move your eyes in circles clockwise. Repeat 10 times, then 10 times counter clockwise.
- Heat your eyes. Warm your hands by rubbing them together and then place your palms over your eyes for 5 seconds. Repeat 3 times.
- Pinching your eyebrows. Make small pinches on the eyelid with your index finger and thumb. Repeat 5 times.
- Massaging your temples. With your fingertips, massage your temples in a circular motion, first in one direction and then the other.
This article is merely informative, oneHOWTO does not have the authority to prescribe any medical treatments or create a diagnosis. We invite you to visit your doctor if you have any type of condition or pain.
If you want to read similar articles to How To Improve Eyesight Naturally At Home, we recommend you visit our Diseases & secondary effects category.