How to test male fertility at home
Alterations in the ejaculate of men or low sperm concentration may pose a problem for those who want to reproduce and conceive naturally with their partners. Therefore, when they are at this stage, there is an interest in knowing the levels of fertility and to identify early on any problems. Today with male fertility test which are available in pharmacies men can measure the concentration of sperm in their semen with a simple test in the privacy of their home. If you want to know all the details and know how to test male fertility at home pay attention to this OneHowTo article.
What is a male fertility test?
The male fertility test is a test that can be carried out yourself at home and is used to measure sperm concentration, i.e. it.provide a baseline in the number of sperm that are concentrated in the semen. It offers a quick evaluation of a man's fertility and it should be highlighted that the test has 97% reliability. Keep in mind that the most reliable way to know your sperm count is to have it tested by a professional.
According to the WHO (World Health Organisation) fertile semen is defined as that which contains a quantity of 20 million sperm per millilitre, and through this test of male fertility a sperm count will determine whether there is a concentration of sperm in the semen that is above or below the standard figure.
How to use the test
To perform this male fertility test at home you must first purchase the test at a pharmacy, carefully read all instructions and follow these to the letter. Next we will explain the instructions for use:
- First, you must collect semen in one of the plastic jars and cover it. You can keep the sample up to 12 hours before starting the test.
- Covered, you must shake the container 10 times.
- Then with the pipette you must collect a sample.
- Add a drop of semen in the circle indicated with a (T) and wait a minute.
- Add two drops of blue solution that come inside the test box, also in the (T) circle and wait a minute.
- Add two drops of the clear solution in the same circle and wait another minute.
- Finally, wait. The result will be available for the next five minutes.
The results of this male fertility test is read through the colour that appears in the test following 5 minutes of carrying out the instructions.
- Positive Test. If the (T) circle shows a blue which is equal or more intense than that seen in the circle indicated by the letter R it means the sperm concentration is at or above 20 million / ml and there should be no fertility problems.
- Negative test. In this case, the blue colour on the circle with the letter T will be weaker or much less intense than the compartment on the letter R. This means there is a concentration of less than 20 million sperm / ml, which is considered a clinically limited fertility.
If the result is negative, it is best to visit a specialist so to perform the appropriate tests and make a more reliable diagnosis. Note that the male fertility tests you can do at home only count the concentration of sperm and do not value factors such as the sperms vitality or mobility which are also key for them to reach the egg and fertilize it. For this reason, if you have any doubts or worries about your fertility do not hesitate to consult your doctor.
This article is merely informative, oneHOWTO does not have the authority to prescribe any medical treatments or create a diagnosis. We invite you to visit your doctor if you have any type of condition or pain.
If you want to read similar articles to How to test male fertility at home, we recommend you visit our Family health category.