How To Drink Two Litres Of Water A Day
You've probably heard many times that to truly live a healthy life, it is essential to drink at least2 litres of water a day. The reason is that internal hydration maintains our cells in good health and helps to cleanse the body and this eliminates toxins that remain stored over daily. But how do you make sure you drink so much water? There are some tricks that will help you achieve this goal and thus you'll enjoy a body in top condition. In this OneHowTo article we give you the keys so you know how to drink two litres of water a day without even realising it.
One of the most effective ways to drink two litres of water a day is to always carry a bottle of water around with you. So, whenever you feel thirsty or want something to refresh your mouth, you can do so without thinking about the matter any further. Also, if you have water with you it is easier than go about drinking it throughout the day.
When you run out, you only have to replace the bottle and make a note of the water that you have drunk so far. To achieve the objective of 2 litres per day, you just have to finish off four half-litre bottles. Easy, right?
But if you prefer a lemonade or soda water, a good alternative is to add a slice of lemon to your water and, well, then you get a different, refreshing flavour which is far less boring. You can also try other citrus fruits such as oranges that will change the taste and make it look more like the soft drinks that you love but without the gases or sugars that harm your health.
Another trick to drink more water during the day is to create a new habit and before you sit down at the table to eat you dinner, you should drink a glass of water. In this way, you are drinking an extra 2 glasses of water a day. You're also reducing your appetite and reaching lunch time with less hunger. It's best to avoid eating large amounts of food because you´ll end up with bloat.
If you get tired of drinking so much water, you can also choose to replace it with other options such as tea without sugar. Infusions are made of water with herbs, so teas are a good way to increase your water consumption whilst also taking advantage of the benefits of tea. You won't get tired of the taste. You could, for example, start the day with a nice cup of tea and then in the afternoon, drink a different tea with a distinct flavour. That way, you're drinking 2 more glasses of water without really noticing it.
In addition to drinks, remember that water is also found in some foods - especially fruits and vegetables. Therefore, to have an intake of two litres of drinking water without being drowned in all the liquid, you can include some foods in your diet such as, for example, watermelon, apple, orange or pineapple. These fruits that contain a lot of water and, therefore, will offer the same benefits if you include them in your diet.
Furthermore, here at OneHowTo, we recommend that, in order to reach your goal, you should always have a bottle of water on hand. Don't keep one only in your purse or backpack, but also at your workplace, beside the bed, on your study desk, etc. If you are working with a bottle at your work desk, it will be much easier to go sipping the water, not because of thirst, but rather to refresh and hydrate yourself. Try it and always keep a bottle of water near you in your workplace, you'll see the difference!
Perhaps you're wondering: "But why do we have to drink so much water?" Well, here we explain some of the most important benefits of drinking water so that you understand why it's so important:
- Water purifies the body: Water makes sure the toxins that are stored in our bodies are eliminated via our urine. Water helps the kidneys and the excretory system to function better and so it naturally cleanses the body.
- Weight loss: Water intake keeps our bodies at their optimal weight as it helps eliminate fluid retention and it reduces our appetites every time we take a glass before eating.
- More energy: A lack of water causes dehydration and therefore we feel more tired and fatigued. Liquid is essential for our bodies to function properly and therefore we feel more alive and stronger when we drink lots of water.
- Better digestion: Water makes the digestive system work better by incorporating liquid with which food can be mixed for better absorption. In addition, water also helps troubleshoot heartburn. It also prevents constipation.
- Younger skin: Proper hydration also enhances the health of your skin. It will be more smooth and radiant. Water also helps prevent the appearance of premature wrinkles.
This article is merely informative, oneHOWTO does not have the authority to prescribe any medical treatments or create a diagnosis. We invite you to visit your doctor if you have any type of condition or pain.
If you want to read similar articles to How To Drink Two Litres Of Water A Day, we recommend you visit our Healthy living category.