How to Fake a Fever with Onion
Most people do not like to be down with fever, but there may be times when you want to fake it. Sometimes, staying sick is better, especially to avoid certain situations and circumstances. For instance, students often want to have a fake fever so that they can convince their parents to give them permission to take a day off from school or skip a test. People have been using onions for ages to fake fever with them. It can actually increase your body temperature, and give the impression of having high fever. Read this oneHOWTO article to find out how to fake fever with onion.
Step by step instructions
If you want to use an onion to fake fever with it, follow these step by step instructions carefully:
- Peel a medium sized onion and cut two thin slices out of it. The slices should have their middle parts intact in them
- Put one slice in your left armpit, and one in your right one
- Sleep with these slices in your armpits, and let them stay overnight
- In the morning, you will wake up with fake fever
How onion works to give you fake fever
There are several reasons for which onions may help in faking fever:
- First of all, you need to understand that armpits have a very thin skin membrane that absorbs anything very easily and quickly. As onion is full of chemical substances (sufoxide, isoalliin and allicin), they easily find their way into the blood stream when kept in this area.
- Local application of onion juice in the armpits may cause local inflammation in the area, and the body temperature may increase as it tries to fight through it.
- Onions contain natural pesticides and irritants that are known to raise temperature of your body, especially in the armpit area. For best results, make sure that your parent or doctor takes temperature of your armpit, and not your rectum or mouth.
- Onions attract microorganisms, especially viruses, towards them. When kept in your armpits, they attract more microorganisms near your body. Your body becomes supercharged to fight against them, and becomes hot to fake fever. Microorganisms cannot withstand high temperature of your body, and you will end up having a fake fever. This is why at oneHOWTO, we don't advise you to use this as your chosen method to fake a fever.
Tips to maximize the effect of onions for fake fever
With certain tips, you can maximize the effectiveness of onions so that you can have a higher and quicker fever:
- Try to tire yourself up by waking up till late night
- Sleep with 3 blankets over you
- Wear a sweater, tight clothes and a jacket to keep your body hot and hard
- Drink hot tea or coffee when you wake up in the morning
- Take a bath in hot water, and stay in it for around one hour
- Eat more than normal
- Stress your body by playing, running and doing other such physical activities
- Eat fried chicken, hot spicy items and chocolates, and don’t drink water after them
A word of caution
In addition to increasing your body temperature, you need to have some acting skills too. Even if your body is hot, you may feel perfectly normal inside. So, you will have to do some acting to convince your parents that you are truly sick and not in a position to go to school. Apart from having a hot body, you will also end up having the smell of onions all over your body. So, if your parents have a sensitive nose, they may instantly come to know of your trick. Some parents may be smart enough to know How to Tell if Someone Is Faking a Fever. It is best not to be lazy, accept your responsibilities and face the difficulties as they come. If you have an upcoming test, it is best to prepare for it, rather than faking fever and avoiding it. However, if you need to fake fever for any reason, use this useful trick to fake fever with onion.
This article is merely informative, oneHOWTO does not have the authority to prescribe any medical treatments or create a diagnosis. We invite you to visit your doctor if you have any type of condition or pain.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Fake a Fever with Onion, we recommend you visit our Family health category.