How To Use Passion Flower For Anxiety
If you feel anxious lately and it's difficult for you to relax you can turn to natural remedies that help balance your nerves and help you to feel better. Passion flower is a plant that has very useful properties to help us sleep better, relieve anxiety and reduce ailments arising from our nervous system. In this OneHowTo article we tell you in detail how to use passion flower for anxiety telling you the benefits, dosage and some tips to calm your nerves.
The properties of passion flower for anxiety are that it is a natural ingredient that has the property known as a "calming effect", i.e., it helps relieve stress and reduce nerves. This plant contains alkaloids and flavonoids that are perfect components to prevent sleep disorders helping the person to fight against insomnia and unwind in a deeper way.
Therefore, taking passion flower is good to relieve anxiety but also for other purposes such as to treat insomnia or to reduce the level of stress before an important event (examination, conference, job interview...).
In addition to these uses that directly affect the management of emotions and nerves, passionflower has other health benefits such as treating insomnia, helping is asthma crisis and can help with withdrawal symptoms too.
To use passion flower for anxiety and benefit our health it is important to know the different ways you can include it in your diet; the amount indicated will always depend on what you're prescribed by a specialist, but in general, we can say that passionflower may be taken as follows:
- Passion flower tea: is the classic way to include it in your diet and how much you should drink each day depends on your mood, and, on more nervous days you can drink 3 cups daily and others, regulate anxiety with 1 cup. To make the infusion boil a pint of water with 3 or 4 tablespoons of passion flower and let it simmer for 10 minutes; you can sweeten with a little honey.
- Passion flower extract: you can also directly take the liquid during the day or, if you prefer, it can be diluted with a little water to lessen the taste; take approximately 45 drops of the extract.
- Passion flower tablets : in natural food stores you can also get your hands on tablets of this plant and take 1 or 2 times a day, depending on the amount your specialist species.
Although we are talking about a natural ingredient and therefore doesn't have any side effects, it is true that it is contraindicated for certain people, such as:
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women should not take passionflower because it contains alkaloids that can damage the uterus.
- Children under 4 years old should not take it and those under 12 at most should be given a cup a day.
- Do not overdo the dose recommended by your doctor because you might become intoxicated and the consequences can affect the stomach or even show signs of hallucinations.
Besides passion flower, there are other natural ingredients they can help eliminate anxiety from your life and get better rest and that stress level is reduced. One of the most popular is valerian because it helps calm the nerves and can be taken both as an infusion and tablets; also lemon balm infusion is a good choice for dealing with stress or, of course, the popular tila that is one of the best teas to calm anxiety.
OneHowto also offers some tips to reduce anxiety without resorting to pills.
This article is merely informative, oneHOWTO does not have the authority to prescribe any medical treatments or create a diagnosis. We invite you to visit your doctor if you have any type of condition or pain.
If you want to read similar articles to How To Use Passion Flower For Anxiety, we recommend you visit our Mental health category.