How to use honey for Blemishes
Honey is an ingredient that since ancient times has been used both in the fields of food and beauty. The Egyptian and Greek cultures took advantage of the beauty properties of honey and used it in cosmetic treatments to enjoy more moisturised, young and attractive faces.
In OneHowTo we want to enlighten you as to the uses of honey to improve the appearance of your skin and conceal imperfections such as sun blemishes. In this article we will reveal how to use honey for blemishes, just like the women of the earliest human civilizations.
Properties of honey for skin
As mentioned, honey is a perfect partner for your beauty treatments which will make your face look clean, hydrated and smooth. This is because it has many properties that work positively for the care of our face, among them are:
- Deep hydration: honey contains minerals and vitamins that help keep moisture from our skin throughout the day.
- Deep cleaning: another benefit of honey is that it deep cleans thanks to its natural essences that are able to remove all toxins.
- Natural scrub: honey is an ingredient with a high sugar content that can exfoliate with minimum damage and whilst acting as a moisturiser.
- Anti-acne and anti-stain: Hydrogen peroxide contained in honey promotes cleansing of impurities and protects the skin from other bacteria without drying it. Honey also has skin lightening properties and can succeed in visibly reduced dark spots.
In this OneHowTo article we tell you in detail how to make a honey face mask.
Lemon and honey mask for blemishes
We have already talked about the properties of honey for acne and, in particular, for blemishes. But know that if we unite it with lemon we could increase its ability to lighten skin and in this combat blemishes in a more thorough way.
Lemon gives skin astringent properties helping to close the pores and brighten the face. Together with honey this homemade mask becomes an infallible remedy to improve stains. To make it you will need the following ingredients:
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoonfuls of organic honey
In a bowl, mix the two ingredients until you get a homogeneous and compact paste; then you must apply it to the area of the face where you have blemishes and leave to act for 30 minutes. After this time, rinse skin thoroughly and apply your usual sunscreen to be protected from the sun's rays.
If you repeat this procedure once a week you will gradually see the stains clear and your skin become brighter.
Home remedies for blemishes
Other than lemon, there are natural ingredients that are effective for removing blemishes from the skin. They are remedies that can easily be done at home and will significantly reduce the darkness of your blotchy skin. Some of the most effective are:
- Lemon and parsley mask: lemon is the best natural ingredient to lighten. It is therefore used in many home treatments for stains. You should mix the juice of 1 lemon and 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley, mix and apply on the face leaving to acting overnight.
- Yoghurt and carrot mask: carrot helps close the pores on the skin while yoghurt helps moisturse it. This mask is also good for treating acne. You only need 1 carrot and blend it with half a natural yoghurt and leave it on your face for 20 minutes.
In this other OneHowTo article we give you advice on preventing acne.
Avoid skin blemishes
Besides applying these beauty treatments to remove stains and scars it is important that you consider the factors that could lead to them reappearing on your face. Therefore, you should follow some simple guidelines to protect you and so prevent the occurrence of blemishes.
- Protect your skin from sunlight: Blemishes appear after being exposed to the sun without any protection. Therefore, to avoid these appearing, apply sunscreen of a minimum of factor 30 protection every day. Even on cloudy days, UVA rays continue to damage your skin, so be sure to always protect yourself from them if you want to avoid blemishes.
- Care for your face: it is also important to have a moisturised, clean and cared for face to have a perfect and unblemished skin complexion. Now you know how to use honey for stains but is also advisable that in case they are very dark, you see a dermatologist who can let you know how best to treat them.
- Drink lots of water: Internal hydration is also essential to have a healthy and beautiful face. It is recommended that you drink at least 8 glasses of water daily to be properly hydrated.
- Vitamin A, C and E: These are vitamins that help fight blemishes and help our skin look shiny and bright. Be sure to include these foods in your diet to prevent skin from staining.
In OneHowTo we give you more advice on how to get rid of blemishes so you can keep all factors in mind.
This article is merely informative, oneHOWTO does not have the authority to prescribe any medical treatments or create a diagnosis. We invite you to visit your doctor if you have any type of condition or pain.
If you want to read similar articles to How to use honey for Blemishes, we recommend you visit our Family health category.