How to Take Mangosteen
To reap the benefits of Mangosteen or mangostino you can incorporate it into your routine in different ways. This fruit from Southeast Asian countries such as Thailand and Cambodia is known as the "Queen of Fruits" because it contains large properties and helps our body to be healthy and protected against diseases such as cancer. In this OneHowTo article we tell you how to take mangosteen so you can make the most of the benefits of this exotic fruit.
The scientific name for this fruit is Garcinia mangostana but it is commonly known as mangosteen or mangostino. Its origin is from Thailand and it is one of the most beneficial fruits for health due to its many phytonutrients that function as antioxidants, and protect our body to prevent cell mutations that may develop into cancer. So one of the main reasons for the success of mangosteen is that it is a natural ingredient that can help you prevent cancer.
The most common form of taking this fruit is to make mangosteen juice. It is known that mangosteen juice helps prevent and treat cancer, however, as it is a fruit it is not considered as a drug; i.e., mangosteen complements cancer treatment but isn't medicine. However, people who do not have cancer can benefit from this fruit as a preventive food against the development of this disease due to its high contribution of xanthenes.
It is recommended to drink 100 millilitres of mangosteen juice daily to benefit from its properties and defenses to strengthen your DNA, shrink tumours (if you have them), cancer cells and reduce free radicals. Therefore, add mangosteen juice to your diet every day and make your body stronger and more secure.
Another way to take mangosteen is to do so in its natural form, i.e. eat the fresh fruit. To do this you'll have to split it in half to make it easier to remove the skin, then you extract the white wedges with a knife or fork; it is important that the resin on the skin of the fruit does not touch the flesh, because it tastes sour and will spoil the fruit.
You can also incorporate mangosteen into your recipes, for example, you can add pieces of this exotic fruit in a mixed salad or make desserts with this ingredient: creams, pastries or a delicious mousse are good ways to reap the benefits of this fruit and enjoy its exquisite taste.
We've told you how to take mangosteen and incorporate it into your diet to help you take advantage of all the benefits of this ingredient, we will know tell you the properties of mangosteen for you to discover how beneficial it can be for your health.
- Stronger immune system. Mangosteen has many antioxidants including vitamin C and vitamin E, this makes it a perfect at preventing infections and to make our body stronger and healthier.
- Neutralises free radicals. Its high antioxidant and anti-inflammatory capacity makes mangosteen neutralize oxygen free radicals thus preventing cellular aging and the development of degenerative diseases of the body.
- Lymphatic drainage. Mangosteen helps our body to eliminate waste helping detoxify our lymphatic system.
- Help you lose weight. If you drink mangosteen juice daily, it helps the hormone cortisol, which is what stimulates fat deposits in the body, these deposits are reduced and your weight goes down.
- Prevents cancer. One of the most important properties of mangosteen is that it has a high content of xanthenes, a component that helps to strengthen the body and discourages cell mutations that cause cancer.
If you have a serious illness or condition and are using mangosteen as a health supplement, be sure to let your physician know. Also, be aware that mangosteen should never be used as an alternative to a treatment prescribed by your doctor.
This article is merely informative, oneHOWTO does not have the authority to prescribe any medical treatments or create a diagnosis. We invite you to visit your doctor if you have any type of condition or pain.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Take Mangosteen, we recommend you visit our Healthy living category.