How to Take Hibiscus to Help you Lose Weight
Hibiscus or Jamaican flower is native to the African continent and can be used as a slimming aid. It can be used to make one of the most popular fat-burning beverages in our time. It contains no calories; it helps eliminate toxins; it cleanses the body; it suppresses appetite and has anti-inflammatory effects on the body. These are just some of the reasons that it is an effective treatment for weight loss and to achieve a svelte figure. If you want to enhance the effects of a diet you're following, take note of the tips in this article on how to take hibiscus to help you lose weight and use it for your benefit.
Slimming benefits of hibiscus
Hibiscus has many health benefits, including the following: it prevents cell aging, lowers cholesterol and blood triglycerides, reduces insomnia and muscle pain, treats skin disorders, etc. On top of all of these, it is also touted as a weight-loss aid as it burns a considerable amount of fat. This is the case if you also lead a healthy, active lifestyle and if your body works perfectly.
Read on for a list of its properties that have made it a popular natural alternative for weight loss:
- It has great diuretic effects and eliminates all unnecessary fluids and toxins that have accumulated in the body and that are detrimental to metabolism. It prevents conditions such as fluid retention and swelling.
- It acts as an excellent natural detoxifier, helping the food we consume to be digested much faster and the waste to be eliminated more efficiently.
- It prevents the body from absorbing fats and excess sugars, so prevents the formation of fatty deposits from accumulating in certain areas of the body. For this reason, it is an incredible option for preventing the appearance of cellulite, or orange peel.
- Its mucilage content makes it a very satiating product, helping to reduce hunger and appetite significantly.
- It helps to fight bad cholesterol.
Hibiscus water slimming recipe
The best way to take advantage of all the slimming properties of hibiscus is to drink it, preparing what is called hibiscus water. Its preparation is very simple and it makes for a super refreshing drink without calories. It is also an appetite suppressant, making it a great tool to lose weight. Follow the recipe provided below.
- 2 and a half litres of water
- 10 g (0.35 oz) of hibiscus
- 2 lemons
Preparation: in a pot, place 1/2 liter of water and 10 g of hibiscus. Boil for about 15 minutes. After this time, strain the liquid, add another 2 liters of water and stir. Then add the freshly squeezed juice of 2 lemons and a few ice cubes if you want to drink it cold. You can store the mixture in the refrigerator and consume without any problems after a few days.
How to take hibiscus water?
First, it is important to respect the recipe and avoid adding sugar or sweetener, as this will no longer serve as a slimming aid. Ideally, drink a glass a day just before lunch or dinner to suppress appetite and avoid overeating. Do not exceed the recommended amount, because this water consumed in excess may cause some side effects such as diarrhea.
Also, do not forget that you must combine it with a healthy lifestyle and a healthy, low-calorie diet. Also incorporate exercise and follow a workout plan for weight loss.
Contraindications of hibiscus
It is important that you take into consideration any contraindications and adverse effects that hibiscus might have before you take it, which may pose a danger to your health:
- It is not advisable for pregnant women, as this may cause bleeding.
- It is contraindicated for people with low blood pressure because it has a hypertensive effect.
- Its prolonged use could cause a shortage of essential minerals for the health of the body, such as sodium or potassium.
- Consumed in excess, it may sometimes cause reproductive problems in both women and men.
- It can cause some sort of allergic reaction in people who are sensitive to any of its active ingredients.
This article is merely informative, oneHOWTO does not have the authority to prescribe any medical treatments or create a diagnosis. We invite you to visit your doctor if you have any type of condition or pain.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Take Hibiscus to Help you Lose Weight, we recommend you visit our Family health category.