How to Know if I Am Addicted to Weed
If you are a regular pot smoker, you may have questioned whether or not you are addicted to weed. Marijuana is the illegal drug which is most consumed on the planet. In fact, it is believed that between 129 and 191 million people are cannabis consumers, ie 2.9% or 4.3% of the world's population smokes weed.
The effects of cannabis in the long term can cause serious problems that directly affect your conception of reality (hallucinations, schizophrenia, etc.) and your vital organs, especially the lungs. In OneHowTo we want to help you answer your question: how to know if I am addicted to weed.
If you are a regular marijuana smoker and want to know if you are addicted to weed it is important to pay special attention to the physical or mental signs that you may experience. Over time, marijuana has a very clear long term effects that can help you know if you are addicted to weed:
- Less memory: One of the most obvious effects of marijuana is the loss of the ability to create new memories. The THC affects the brain hippocampus resulting in new information received not being stored properly.
- Less coordination: If you feel your body coordination, balance and reaction time to a stimulus is higher than usual, it is because the effects of marijuana are already taking their toll on your brain.
An other way to know if you are addicted to weed is to pay attention to the amount of drugs you need to feel the effects you want. People who start taking drugs initially need a lower amount than what the body demands after some time.
This is because there is an increased tolerance in the body having that particular substance. As you need more drugs you will again generate more tolerance and so a greater addiction is created. That is a good way to know if you are addicted to weed.
Another sure way to test if you know if you are addicted to weed is to pay attention to what your body feels when you do not take that substance. Evaluating withdrawal is vital to determine whether or not you are hooked on this drug; this syndrome can be detected if you experience any of these symptoms:
- You are nervous and anxious
- You cannot stop thinking about marijuana
- You can not sleep
- You are moody
- In cases of more severe addiction, you feel physical symptoms such as tremors, increases or decreases in temperature, dizziness or stronger pain.
If you experienced any of the symptoms mentioned above, it is likely you are addicted to weed.Therefore it is vital that you stop using marijuana and overcome the addiction.
Treatment for the addiction to weed requires specific treatment that should be supervised by a specialist in the matter of addiction: treatment come in the form of a pharmaceutical product to hospitalization, to control anxiety and the urge to smoke.
This article is merely informative, oneHOWTO does not have the authority to prescribe any medical treatments or create a diagnosis. We invite you to visit your doctor if you have any type of condition or pain.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Know if I Am Addicted to Weed, we recommend you visit our Mental health category.