How to get rid of nervousness naturally
Are you experiencing a period of nerves or anxiety? Do you have any worries and have trouble sleeping at night? If you want to calm your nerves we show different natural and simple remedies that will help you be more relaxed in this OneHowto article. Next, we'd like to explain how to get rid of nervousness naturally.
Valerian to get rid of nervousness
Valerian is one of the best known herbs for calming nerves, anxiety and insomnia. You can prepare an infusion yourself, buy it ready-made or take pills you'll find at the pharmacy. To prepare the infusion of valerian you have to do the following:
- Boil one litre of water and add 30 grams of ground Valerian root.
- Strain the water and leave it to stand for a while until tepid.
- Drink a cup of this tea (you can add sugar if you like).
- If you are very nervous you can start by taking 4 or 5 valerian teas a day (you'll have enough with the litre you have made). When you feel that you are becoming calmer you can gradually reduce the amount of valerian.
Lime blossom to get rid of nerves
Lime blossom is another infusion ideal for destroying nerves and anxiety. If you experiencing a period of nerves drink 3 or 4 lime blossom teas a day and help you calm down. Lime blossom can also be found pre-prepared in tea bags, but here we show you how to prepare it at home:
- Boil one litre of water.
- Add 2 tablespoons lime blossom.
- Wait for it to cool a bit so you can drink the infusion.
- Add sugar to taste.
Lettuce to combat nervousness
Lettuce besides being a healthy food also helps us combat nervousness as it is a natural tranquilizer.Here's how to prepare an infusion of lettuce:
- boil a litre of water.
- add a handful of lettuce leaves and let boil for 10 minutes.
- Leave to cool until you can drink and strain.
- You can take two cups each day of this infusion.
- Add sugar or honey to taste.
Celery for nerves
Celery is also a very good food for nerves because it helps balance the nervous system in a natural way. Wash a stalk of raw celery and add it to your salads.
Breathing exercises to combat nerves
Being aware of our breathing and breathing in an appropriate manner can calm us down when we feel nervous. Here's how:
- Start to breathe slowly and deeply. Carry out diaphragmatic breathing, i.e., taking the air from the stomach.
- Be aware of your breath as you breathe in and breathe out. This will help you relax.
- Whenever you breathe out focus on how your body relaxes and releases tension.
- You can count while breathing: 1 when you inhale, 1 when you exhale and so on.
- Do this exercise for 10 to 15 minutes and you will definitely feel more relaxed.
- If you can, try to do this exercise lying in bed or on the couch because it will help you relax more. But you can also do it sitting or standing.
If you have anxiety attacks, know there are also ways of reducing anxiety and stress.
This article is merely informative, oneHOWTO does not have the authority to prescribe any medical treatments or create a diagnosis. We invite you to visit your doctor if you have any type of condition or pain.
If you want to read similar articles to How to get rid of nervousness naturally, we recommend you visit our Healthy living category.