How to Add Wheat Germ to Your Diet
The part of wheat which contains the seed is known as the "germ" and contains great nutrients and vitamins that provide health benefits and also help us lose weight. In this OneHowTo.com article we approach this cereal by telling you how to add wheat germ to your diet and thus take advantage of the properties contained that will complement your diet to lose weight.
Wheat germ for weight loss
Wheat germ is a perfect addition to your life if you have the goal of losing weight. The properties contained in this cereal work to help you burn fat and to help your body to function better. Here we detail the benefits of wheat germ in your diet:
- The Vitamin E and other natural antioxidants that are part of wheat germ help cell energy as to better exploit them and use them to fight body fat.
- It also has significant fibre content, which helps to cleanse the body, prevent constipation and promote satiety.
- Another component of wheat germ are the phytosterols that help our body not to absorb so much fat and, therefore, act as a powerful natural fat burner.
- The linoleic acid with which this cereal is formed from allows fats and sugars in your body to assimilate them successfully, helping in the process of eliminating them.
But besides from helping slimming, wheat germ is a perfect ally for the health of your body because it acts as a natural anti-ageing tool, works perfectly to treat anaemia and helps regulate insulin and cholesterol. In this OneHowTo.com article we give you more details about the benefits of wheat germ on your health.
Using wheat germ to lose weight
Currently, wheat germ is fashionable and many women have added it to their diet to achieve weight loss. To use it for a slimming effect you need to take it daily and there are different ways of doing this:
- Capsules or tablets: health food stores have compressed wheat germ so you can reap the benefits with no taste. The dose you should take is indicated on the product as it depends on the dosage and quantity of the manufacturer.
- Powdered: you can also purchase wheat germ powder and to take it, you just have to dilute it in a glass of water. Add two teaspoons half an hour before each meal (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and notice how you are more satisfied and how your body burns more fat.
- Flaked: it is also available in the form of flakes and you just have to add it to meals. Ideally, consume between 1 and 3 tablespoons of the flakes during the day, sprinkled on salads, in meat or mixed with milk or juice.
We've already mentioned that wheat germ acts as supplement for weight loss, however, it is imperative that you practice a healthy lifestyle to help you lose weight. Just taking wheat germ will NOT get you slim but it is essential that you follow a few tips like the ones detailed below:
- Balanced, low-fat diet: it is important that if you want to lose weight, you follow a healthy diet, above all, low in calories. Add vegetables and low-fat proteins and limit your carbohydrate intake, also chooses to prepare light dinners that will help you lose weight.
- Drink lots of water: between 1.5 and 2 litres of water a day is recommended to achieve weight loss, as water allows the body to detox and to eliminate liquids, preventing fluid retention (cellulite).
- Exercise: it is imperative that you regularly exercise to achieve weight loss. It is known that people who combine diet with sport have far more satisfactory results than those just opt for dieting. So get your trainers on and get moving!
This article is merely informative, oneHOWTO does not have the authority to prescribe any medical treatments or create a diagnosis. We invite you to visit your doctor if you have any type of condition or pain.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Add Wheat Germ to Your Diet, we recommend you visit our Family health category.