Foods To Naturally Cleanse Your Liver
The main organ responsible for removing all kinds of toxic substances from your body is the liver, a vital organ that you must take care of to avoid infections and serious illnesses. Sometimes you forget and bad habits can alter functions, making it necessary to take steps to keep it healthy. Therefore, on OneHowTo we list the foods to naturally cleanse the liver to help you in this task.
If you want more information on naturally detoxificating your body, check OneHowTo's article the best foods to detox the body.
Foods to cleanse the liver: Vegetables
One of the groups of foods that cleanse the liver you cannot miss in your diet are vegetables, as there are numerous vegetables that benefit the purification of this internal organ. Thus, we recommend consuming:
- Artichokes: They activate the segregation of bile and help eliminate toxins
- Carrots: Its high content of beta carotene and flavonoids makes them a great liver purifier.
- Broccoli and cauliflower: increase the production of the natural enzymes in the liver and the force out toxic substances.
- Beetroots: help cleanse the liver by stimulating liver function.
- Spinach: like other leafy greens it purifies the liver.
- Sweet potatoes: Along with carrots, they're rich in beta carotene, which is a natural anti-inflammatory.
You can expand the information in our article on what are the best vegetables to cleanse the liver.
Foods to cleanse the liver: fruits
Similarly, fruits are on the list of foods that cleanse the liver, one of the best kinds is citrus fruit. Some good examples are:
- Apples: Among their many benefits is the fact that they contain numerous antioxidants and, therefore, help eliminate free radicals and other toxins.
- Lemon: Is one of the best natural tonics, so is ideal for cleansing the liver. Lemons provide many antioxidants, mostly Vitamin C, and they help your liver produce more enzymes to give you more energy and help in your difestion.
- Grapefruit: Its high content of antioxidant carotenoids and malic acid with naringenin promotes the removal of substances which accumulate in the liver.
- Orange: It also accelerates liver function and acts as a natural cleanser.
You'll find all these fruits and more in our article fruits to cleanse the liver and besides, we recommend consulting the information on how to make juice to cleanse the liver, where you'll find out how to combine various beneficial plants to cleanse this organ.
Foods for cleansing the liver: teas
There are also many herbal remedies that may help liver cleansing and with the elimination of all kinds of toxins. If you suffer from any disease or illness, you should consult your doctor to make sure that the tea you drink does not have contraindications that may affect you.
- Dandelion: its diuretic and cleansing properties make it ideal to cleanse the liver infusion.
- Milk Thistle: improves digestion, prevents toxins accumulate in our body.
- Artichoke: Just as it is recommended to eat artichokes, you can also drink teas made from this plant.
- Sage: Sage tea also helps eliminate liquids and reduce toxins.
Extensive information can be found in our article which teas cleanse the liver.
Other foods to cleanse the liver
To cleanse the liver, you must also drink plenty of water in order to eliminate all possible toxins through urine. Also, there are some great detox juices you can drink to detox your liver. There are other beneficial foods to cleanse the liver that you can incorporate into your diet to avoid the retention of toxins in your body. Some of them are:
This article is merely informative, oneHOWTO does not have the authority to prescribe any medical treatments or create a diagnosis. We invite you to visit your doctor if you have any type of condition or pain.
If you want to read similar articles to Foods To Naturally Cleanse Your Liver, we recommend you visit our Diseases & secondary effects category.