Easy Crash Diets that Work Fast
These days, people have realized the importance of managing their weight, not only for aesthetic purposes, but for health benefits too. Although eating healthy, exercising and staying active are beneficial in managing weight, sometimes you want to give crash diets a chance. According to numerous researches, overweight people are more likely to develop high blood pressure, high blood sugar, heart risks and other health related problems, as compared to those who stay in shape. However, losing weight and staying in shape is easily said than done. Those who have extra tires around their belly know how hard it can be to get rid of that fat. Most people try a crash diet when they have an upcoming event and they want to look in shape. In this oneHOWTO article, we are going to share a few facts about crash diets, and inform you about some easy crash diets that work fast.
What is a crash diet?
Crash diets are a type of weight loss diet plan that can help shed pounds rapidly over a very short period of time, say one week. It is usually done by reducing your calorie intake to a great extent, thus giving desired results within a few days. Although many researchers and nutrition experts do not favor crash diets, and they argue that this is not a healthy way to lose weight, many people use these diets to get their desired shape for a special occasion, engagement, wedding, date, party or function. If done correctly, and if you take precautions after the crash diet, you can maintain the weight that you lose with it.
Some easy crash diet ideas that work fast
At oneHOWTO we'd like to give you a list of easy crash diets that work fast and will be highly effective if you want to lose those extra pounds. However, we advise you to always follow them with a help of a qualified doctor or nutritionist so you don't put your health at risk.
Juice fast crash diet
In this crash diet, you are allowed to drink only fresh fruit and vegetable juices. Since juices are healthy and filling, you do not feel hungry and there are no side effects either. This kind of diet, if followed religiously, can help in losing as many as 10 pounds in 15 days. Combine these weight loss juices with protein and B12 supplements in order to get all the nutrients you will need to keep your energy up.
One of the most popular easy crash diets that is sure to work is a grapefruit diet, as this fruit is on our list of fruits with less calories and are laden with fat burning enzymes. In this diet, you are asked to eat a grapefruit or drink a glass of grapefruit juice before each meal. By doing this, you feel full earlier, and end up consuming less calories. With this diet, you consume only 800 calories in a day. With such low calorie consumption, you can lose as many as 5 pounds in a week, provided the meals that follow the grapefruit intake are fat free and low in carbohydrates. When combined with protein foods like fish, moong beans, mushrooms, chicken and lentils, this diet helps in losing 10 pounds of weight in 14 days.
Cabbage soup diet
This diet promises to help you lose 10 pounds in a week. If you have no problem consuming an unlimited amount of cabbage and cabbage soup for one week, then this crash diet plan is the perfect one for you. Cabbage has high fiber content, which is helpful in cleaning out your body systems. Due to this, you end up shedding extra fat accumulated in different corners of your body. If you need some ideas, take a look at our cabbage fat burning recipes.
Chicken soup diet
This is a specially formulated crash diet plan designed for non-vegetarians. In this diet, you are allowed to eat only a certain variety of breakfast items, including skimmed milk, prune juice, ricotta cheese, whole wheat bagels, orange juice and yogurt. Apart from these, you can consume unlimited amounts of chicken soup, so that you don’t feel hungry.
Xtreme crash diet
As the name suggests, this is one of the most extreme crash diets you can find. It has many similarities to the 5.2 diet but inverting the days, as it only requires people to follow this crash diet for five days per week. If done correctly, you can lose up to one pound per day. During the semi-fasting days, the dieter will only eat 800- 1000 calories per day.
5 day crash diet
There are many 5 day crash diets, though these can be even more extreme and can help you shed up to one pound a day too. Miracle crash diets such as the Artichoke diet are based on the intake of just one ingredient and supplemented by protein, which is why they are not the most recommended, as the rebound effect can be quite severe and the lack of certain nutrients can also affect your health.
Celebrity crash diets
There are many well known celebrity crash diets, each celebrity has their own trick to lose weight. For example, both Angelina Jolie and Kate Middleton swear by the soup diet, which increases the person's fiber content and can help you los up to 10 pounds in one week. Another well known diet celebrities used ins known as the Hollywood diet, named this way as it's the favorite of many actors and actresses. In this crash diet, you have to fast for two days straight while drinking a special beverage purchased at authorized retailers. This drink includes natural juices that will give you the energy and vitamins you need to get through these two days.
How To Avoid Gaining Weight After A Crash Diet
Once you have ended the course of your crash diet, you have a nicer body shape that you don’t want to lose. But this doesn’t mean that you should follow the diet plan for the entire life from now. Once you have lost your body weight, there are certain things you should take into account from now on to apply healthier lifestyle changes in your life:
- Avoid eating junk food, pre-cooked meals and sugary products except on special occasions.
- Pay attention to the way you cook food. Start steaming and grilling in favor of frying, or at least use healthy oils. Take a look at our article on the healthiest ways to cook food that also taste good.
- Exercising, staying active. Make sure you exercise 3 times a week, even if it is low intensity exercise such as walking for 30 minutes.
- Drink water in favor of other drinks such as fizzy drinks or alcohol, which contain high amounts of sugar.
With these steps, you will avoid the rebound effect and keep what you lost with your crash diet.
Precautions when doing a crash diet
Now you know more about crash diets, at oneHOWTO we'd like to give you some tips so you don't put your health at risk under any circumstances, as crash diets can be pretty hard and can create certain deficiencies.
- The most important advice you can get when following a crash diet is to only follow it during the specified period of time. It can be dangerous for your body's correct functioning to keep on with it, as it may create nutrient deficiencies.
- It is always important to drink plenty of water throughout the day, but even more so when on the crash diet in order to stay hydrated.
- While you are doing a crash diet, it is not recommended to do high intensity exercises, as you won't have the energy or strength do undergo this type of routine. Instead, go for low intensity exercises such as Pilates, yoga or power walking.
- Do not smoke while on the crash diet, as this may give you low blood pressure and could cause nausea and you could even faint.
- When you finish your crash diet, it's very important to progressively eat certain foods instead of going over the top on the first day, as this could affect your stomach and could trigger the rebound effect.
- At oneHOWTO we'd like to highlight that we are not very favorable of crash diets, and prefer eating a healthy diet all year round, getting rid of the bad habits and exercising regularly.
This article is merely informative, oneHOWTO does not have the authority to prescribe any medical treatments or create a diagnosis. We invite you to visit your doctor if you have any type of condition or pain.
If you want to read similar articles to Easy Crash Diets that Work Fast, we recommend you visit our Family health category.