Chyawanprash can, and should preferably be taken without milk. However, some people feel a burning sensation in the stomach after ingesting Chyawanprash. In that case, a glass of warm milk a few minutes after ingesting Chyawanprash might help relieve the sensation.
So many people wonder whether Chyawanprash can be taken without milk, because we are so used to hear that Chyawanprash must be taken together with milk in the morning. However, that is not necessarily true, and we will see why. After listing Chyawanprash benefits and side effects, in today's oneHOWTO article we will talk about: can Chyawanprash be taken without milk? Moreover, we will discuss another doubt people have regarding Chyawanprash: does Chyawanprash increase sperm count? And what is the role of Chyawanprash in increasing fertility.
Chyawanprash benefits and side effects
Before we tell you if Chyawanprash can be taken without milk, and if Chyawanprash increases sperm count, let's see the reasons why you might want to take Chyawanprash, and in which cases Chyawanprash is not indicated. Here is a list of Chyawanprash benefits and side effects.
- Immune system boosting: because of the huge amount of vitamin C contained in the main Chyawanprash ingredient: Amla.
- Rejuvenation: Chyawanprash is a powerful antioxidant, which fights free radicals and ageing. It belongs to the Rasayana category of Ayurveda herbs, meaning it is a tonic.
- Improves breathing: Chyawanprash is powerful in strengthening the respiratory system and is particularly indicated for people with asthma and bronchitis.
- Improves digestion.
- Improves alertness and concentration: that is why Chyawanprash is very beneficial to students.
- Helps irregular menstruation become more regular and reduces premenstrual syndrome. This, together with the benefits of Chyawanprash in pregnancy, is one of the main Chyawanprash benefits for women.
- Purifies the liver from toxins: as we said, it is a powerful antioxidant.
- Chyawanprash increases haemoglobin.
- Chyawanprash lowers cholesterol.
- Chyawanprash helps regulating blood pressure.
- Chyawanprash prevents hair loss and promotes hair growth. This Chyawanprash benefit is due to the high content of Amla amongst Chyawanprash ingredients. Amla is very beneficial to hair growth. Chyawanprash benefits for hair also include delaying hair greying.
- Chyawanprash promotes healthy weight loss.
- Chyawanprash increases muscle mass. Because of this Chyawanprash benefit, Chyawanprash is widely used by athletes.
- Chyawanprash is beneficial to the reproductive system, we will see this in more details later, when we will talk about: does Chyawanprash increase sperm count?
Now that you know the main Chyawanprash benefits, let's come to Chyawanprash side effects:
- First of all, no toxic effect of Chyawanprash is known. Therefore, Chyawanprash side effects can be considered mild.
- Chyawanprash might cause, in a small percentage of people, a burning sensation in the stomach, which can be reduced with the intake of milk, as we will see later.
- Chyawanprash contains sugar, so diabetic people should stay away from it.
- Chyawanprash might increase body heat in summer. Taking Chyawanprash in summer is not recommended.
- Chyawanprash might cause loose stools in some people. If that is happening to you, stop taking it.
- Does Chyawanprash cause weight gain? Some worry that weight gain might be one of Chyawanprash side effects because of Chyawanprash ghee and sugar content. However, the recommended daily dose of Chyawanprash (1 teaspoon), cannot cause weight gain. To know more about ghee and health, check this article.
- Chyawanprash should not be taken all year round. It is supposed to be taken for short periods. Consult your doctor to know how much Chyawanprash is good for you.
We can now discuss the 2 questions: can Chyawanprash be taken without milk? And does Chyawanprash increase sperm count?
Can Chyawanprash be taken without milk?
Chyawanprash can be taken without milk. Ayurveda practitioners recommend taking Chyawanprash after waking up, on an empty stomach. This is the most favourable time to take Rasayana herbs: tonics and rejuvenating supplements. You should simply eat a teaspoon of Chyawanprash as soon as you wake up. Chyawanprash has a jam like consistency given by the ghee and sesame oil contained in it, so you can simply lick the teaspoon. After that, you should not eat anything for half an hour.
Chyawanprash should be taken without milk because Amla, the main Chyawanprash ingredient, is a sour ingredient. In Ayurveda, sour foods should not be mixed with milk. If you feel you need something to drink after taking Chyawanprash, a glass of warm (not hot) water is the best choice.
If you are experiencing a burning sensation in the stomach after taking Chyawanprash, then you can take it as a spread, on a piece of cracker or cookie, and drink a glass of plain, warm milk 10 minutes after.
So, yes, Chyawanprash should preferably be taken without milk.
Does Chyawanprash increase sperm count?
Chyawanprash is a supplement that can contribute to increasing sperm count. Amla, that main ingredient contained in Chyawanprash, has more vitamin C than most other foods. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that makes sperm less prone to free radicals and oxidative stress, which can be harmful to the sperm's DNA.
The legend contained in an ancient Ayurveda text wants it that Chyawanprash was invented by an old sage named Chyawan. Chyawan used Chyawanprash to rejuvenate, live longer, and... sexually satisfy his wife despite his old age. Legends often do not provide scientific explanations, but they also turn out to be true most of the time. Well, in Ayurveda Chyawanprash is used to increase libido, sexual strength, and fertility in both men and women.
So, does Chyawanprash increase sperm count? It can, and we explained you how that happens. Chyawanprash improves the quality of the sperm, as well as the quality of the ovum in females. In Ayurveda, Chyawanprash balances all 3 dosas when it comes specifically to the reproductive function. The vitamin C content increases sperm count, other ingredients improve the overall health, which is fundamental for healthy reproduction. Moreover, Chyawanprash increases libido because of its highly aphrodisiac ingredients and spices.
Thus, Chyawanprash improves reproduction in many ways, both direct and indirect.
As we have seen, Chyawanprash has many benefits, and few side effects. We learned that Chyawanprash can be taken without milk, and that Chyawanprash can increase sperm count. However, remember to consult your doctor before taking herbs and supplements.
This article is merely informative, OneHowTo does not have the authority to prescribe any medical treatments or create a diagnosis. We invite you to visit your doctor if you have any type of condition or pain.
If you want to read similar articles to Can Chyawanprash Be Taken without Milk?, we recommend you visit our Drugs & supplements category.