All the health benefits of eating Jackfriut
Jackfruit is slowly creeping up our grocery stores, promising to be the next "it" fruit when it comes to keeping a healthy diet. Jackfrut is commonly found in South and Southeast Asian forests, most commonly in tropical lowlands.
This exquisite fruit comes from the mulberry family and is a cross between a pineapple and a pear. Want to take a bite out of the new super-fruit? Learn all the health benefits of eating Jackfuit and get it in your fridge!
Health benefits of raw jackfriut
Eating raw jackfruit can be done if we purchase a ripe jackfruit and eat the bulbs we find inside. These can be eaten raw and have a very sweet taste. Here are their benefits:
- Antioxidant: Thanks to the amount of vitamin C found in jackfruit bulbs, this fruit can help you fight premature ageing as it fights free radicals. Vitamic C is also great fighting infectious diseases.
- Energy booster: Each bulb contains 95 calories and is high in fructose and sugar. This means it's a great energy booster and a great ally after practising sport.
- Cancer prevention: The amount of vitamin A and carotene in jackfruit can prevent lung and oral cancers and keep the correct levels of skin and mucus membranes.
Health benefits of jackfruit seeds
Jackfruit seeds are the most commonly used as here lies to source of most of the jackfruit's goodness. It is also used very much for beauty and skin problems both eaten and used in face masks. Take a look at all the benefits of jackfruit seeds:
- High in protein: Jackfruit seeds have a high protein content and can therefore relieve day to day stress and help your skin glow when you most need it.
- Rich in magnase: The amount of magnase found in jackfruit seeds can help with blood circulation problems, so it can be highly beneficial for people with circulation problems and those who need to control blood sugar levels. The amount of magnase found in the seeds can also help hair grow stronger and healthier.
- Iron booster: Anemic people can also benefit greatly from jackfruit, as it is very rich in iron, therefore boosting its levels in our body.
- Anti-blemish: The seeds are also used to get rid of face blemishes. Just soak the seeds in milk and honey and then grind them until you get a thick paste. Apply on your face and leave on for 15 minutes.
Health benefits of cooked jackfriut
The pulp of the jackfruit is best eaten when cooked, especially when the fruit is ripe. It is mostly used in stir fries and roasted, but still contains a great deal of its nutrients and, therefore its many benefits:
- Natural laxative: The amount of fiber found in jackfruit can help our digestive transit, helping with constipation and even other more serious problems such as colon infections and diseases.
- Healthy skin: For people prone to skin problems such as eczema, jackfruit can be great to prevent the appearance of this skin lesion, thanks to the amount of vitamin B6 in this fruit.
- Vegetarian and vegan super-food: All of the properties mentioned above make it an excellent super-food for vegetarians and vegans, some even call it "vegetable meat" thanks to all of the nutrients it can supersede.
This article is merely informative, oneHOWTO doe not have the authority to prescribe any medical treatments or create a diagnosis.We invite you to visit your doctor if you have any type of condition or pain.
If you'd like to read similar articles to All the health benefits of eating Jackfriut, we recommend you browse around our Healthy living category.
- If you want to cook jackfruit, it's best to purchase canned green jackfruit to avoid the hassle of cutting a fresh jackfruit as it makes quite a mess.
- Jackfruit seeds can also be cooked and have the same nutrients.